Reverse Synths, is there a better way to do it?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's an example so you guys know what i'm talking about..

http://soundcloud.com/music-loud-oficia ... t-aj-smith

the sound comes up at 2:37 and it's what somehow ''announces'' that big synth leads before the transition unto the build..

I think i know how to make it, but there must be a better way that what i'm doing. I just used reverb on the synth then reversed it, is there a better way to do this?

ALSO I'm looking for some of the EFX this guys use..for example, those claps/snares at 1:38 and that snare that has some kind of tail before it at 1:23. Maybe someone could point me to a sample pack with this style of drums/efx..

You could set up some sort of volume envelope, maybe finding a way to trigger it from midi. But the way you did it is standard. I have no idea about the other sounds.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

thing is, it doesn't sound half as good as theirs..

Post what you did.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Stutter Edit does all of this.

osiris wrote:Stutter Edit does all of this.
i can't find a way to recreate this with stutter edit..

I think the thing before the snares at 1:23 is just a noise rise, and yes I think the synth thing is SE. The thing about SE is, different synth sounds sound different, if that makes sense.
Other than that take one or two bars of your synth, reverse and do a volume rise...

Using reverb and bouncing to audio to reverse is probably the way most people do it. It's the easiest and it should work for you just fine.
https://soundcloud.com/itsjacuzzi/jacuzzi-feud
Hiphop Producer from Honolulu, Hawaii

Keep an eye out for my Trap EP coming this February

osiris wrote:Stutter Edit does all of this.
And more, Many DAWs also do reverse wav files.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Return to “Production Techniques”