iRig HD (and some other products, announced and unannounced) on Display at CES 2013

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn't take that a bad in any way. Just to be clear, it WILL have the Lightning connector included (which people in the know about the process to get this to happen, also know being the first Lightning interface is an accomplishment).

:tu:

Cant wait!!!

Peter is showing off the new iRig HD at NAMM right now.
This is the "official" announcement of the iRig HD (CES was more of an unofficial preview - though we didn't expect to win Best Of Show! :wink:)

Brian @ IK Multimedia wrote:Peter is showing off the new iRig HD at NAMM right now.
This is the "official" announcement of the iRig HD (CES was more of an unofficial preview - though we didn't expect to win Best Of Show! :wink:)
Yes, people LOVED iRig HD and iRig BlueBoard was received very well too. Of course it is an industry show, so there were dealers and distributors and the like who really showed interest. But the best was really having great artists and entertainers show up. Sinbad was a HOOT and he just gushed about BlueBoard. I honestly didn't even know he was a guitarist (a self-proclaimed rhythm guitarist and "wah pedal nut").

And now, for your personal viewing pleasure, our distinguished colleague, the illustrious Mr. Boatman presents the amazing iRig HD at Winter NAMM 2013.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=49rtBAgY2ts

Just a reminder that you can reserve iRig HD on our site now, and preorder some other mobile accessories: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=2157

I swear, everyone always starts their defense of amp sims with the preface that they understand it will never replace the real thing, but... Or something similar to those lines. Ya know what? I have replaced 20 years of lugging around amps starting with line 6 pod 10 years ago and never looked back. GSuite, NI's GR, IK's Amplitube, Overloud's sims, Revalver, AmpKit+, Jamup Pro, all of these are so much better to me than setting up physical fx chains, hardware heads and cabs, mic'ing cabs, back breaking combos, etc.

I get a room full of amps, cabs, fx for a pittance. I don't notice that much difference if setup right. If I was rich and famous, I would buy the real deal ONLY if I had roadies to lug that crap around!

Amp sims f**king rock!

Oh yeah, congrats on the new product too.

:)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Thanks! I think it is also easier to save your hearing (as long as you are smart about it) and save your relationship with your neighbors at 3AM with amp sims, but aside from that yes they sound much better than the gear I was able to get when I was young... Better scram before I start saying "get off my lawn" or suggesting ways we could save money by "turning off all the dang lights in here, especially when nobody is in the room!!!!!".... oops, apologies for that :)

Just wondering two technical details on iRig HD: Does it allow charging iPad at the same time it's been used (with Lightning adapter), and if it doesn't have output then how it can be synced to host devices output without sample rate conversion which is always needed if two devices doesn't share a clock one way or other?

iRig HD will plug into either 30-pin or Lightning connector (or USB for Macs) and will thus take up the slot usually used for charging (just like similar offerings on the market, though those don't currently have Lightning support). Same goes for the output, it works the same way as any similar digital input device.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:iRig HD will plug into either 30-pin or Lightning connector (or USB for Macs) and will thus take up the slot usually used for charging (just like similar offerings on the market, though those don't currently have Lightning support). Same goes for the output, it works the same way as any similar digital input device.
Ok. Griffin's new StudioConnect with Lightning has built-in charging so it can charge iPad at the same time. Anyway, I think it's mostly Apples fault, they didn't consider that when they designed the interface. Interestingly the Apples own AV extender for Lighting has also Lighting socket for charger; too bad they omitted it in Camera Kit. If you can please tell Apple you want Lighting splitter adapter so that your customers can charge iPad at the same time when using devices like iRig HD.

Regarding output and sychronisation do you have any information on iPad internals, are the internal audio converters synchronized to USB clock? If so there should be no problems, otherwise the clocks for external A/D and internal audio codec can drift apart after some time.

That is more of a dock and doesn't have native Lightning, you'd just be using an adapter from what I see. iRig HD will actually come with a Lightning connector, unlike others (and it isn't meant to be a dock). If you want input/output synchronization and clocking information you may want to shoot support a line, as they would be the ones that may have tested things like that if applicable. Thanks. http://www.ikmultimedia.com/support

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:That is more of a dock and doesn't have native Lightning, you'd just be using an adapter from what I see.
I think it's native Lightning also because it's only compatible with iPad Mini and 4th gen iPad:
http://store.griffintechnology.com/stud ... -lightning

Anyway, it's a dock and I can't use it because I'll be using iPad with a stand holder.

wildzeke wrote:With PCs (Windows), you can only select one audio device at a time. The iRig HD has no headphone jack. So technically, it will input the sound into a PC. But you have no way of hearing it.
Actually this is not factually correct. The Windows WASPI allows for multiple input devices. I've done this several times like using my GR55 as input into my DAW via the GR55s native USB output and listening via the output of my Saffire Pro 14, etc. Reaper supports WASPI for instance.

So, if the iRig HD is class compliant, it has a chance of working with PCs as well? I'll have to test. IK Multimedia should test as well, since they're ignoring a large market (Windows) by not investigating WASPI.

There are also some other things like Jack for Windows which might work as well but I haven't tested.

-CB

Looking into this.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”