What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Moons & Stuff - City of Gold

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRist

56 posts since 27 Jun, 2012

Postby moonsnstuff; Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:11 pm Moons & Stuff - City of Gold

Hey, never posted my music here, but would love to hear what you guys have to say because it seems like everyone here is very musically adept. Any sort of criticism good or bad is useful. Please let me know what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/moons-n-stuff/city-of-gold
KVRist

251 posts since 3 Feb, 2012

Postby Mariosprt; Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

I liked it. The intro seems a bit long, I was waiting for something to happen sooner, and the same with some of the quieter parts.
Some sounds need a little more.. fat :)
What I didn't like was the overdone side-chaining at 4:19, too much for me.
Other than that you seem to have all the production tricks in there, the breakdowns, the risers.
And by the end I was humming the main lead, so.. Good job :)
KVRAF

4269 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Well, now this is quite original. I agree with Mariosprt on pretty much all points :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
KVRist

56 posts since 27 Jun, 2012

Postby moonsnstuff; Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Mariosprt wrote:I liked it. The intro seems a bit long, I was waiting for something to happen sooner, and the same with some of the quieter parts.
Some sounds need a little more.. fat :)
What I didn't like was the overdone side-chaining at 4:19, too much for me.
Other than that you seem to have all the production tricks in there, the breakdowns, the risers.
And by the end I was humming the main lead, so.. Good job :)

Thank you this is the kind of comment I really like.

Haha there is always one thing in my songs that I do and if not this it's that kinda thing. But personally I like the sidechain there, maybe because I liked it more than when it wasn't sidechained. But I did feel like I drew out the beginning too much, I was going for something different originally and then I went this route but was so stuck with the intro that when I went to make it fit it came out a little awkward.

Ha I'm sure you don't really care for my explanation, but seriously thank you for the criticism!

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe