Moons & Stuff - City of Gold

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, never posted my music here, but would love to hear what you guys have to say because it seems like everyone here is very musically adept. Any sort of criticism good or bad is useful. Please let me know what you think :)

https://soundcloud.com/moons-n-stuff/city-of-gold

I liked it. The intro seems a bit long, I was waiting for something to happen sooner, and the same with some of the quieter parts.
Some sounds need a little more.. fat :)
What I didn't like was the overdone side-chaining at 4:19, too much for me.
Other than that you seem to have all the production tricks in there, the breakdowns, the risers.
And by the end I was humming the main lead, so.. Good job :)

Well, now this is quite original. I agree with Mariosprt on pretty much all points :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Mariosprt wrote:I liked it. The intro seems a bit long, I was waiting for something to happen sooner, and the same with some of the quieter parts.
Some sounds need a little more.. fat :)
What I didn't like was the overdone side-chaining at 4:19, too much for me.
Other than that you seem to have all the production tricks in there, the breakdowns, the risers.
And by the end I was humming the main lead, so.. Good job :)
Thank you this is the kind of comment I really like.

Haha there is always one thing in my songs that I do and if not this it's that kinda thing. But personally I like the sidechain there, maybe because I liked it more than when it wasn't sidechained. But I did feel like I drew out the beginning too much, I was going for something different originally and then I went this route but was so stuck with the intro that when I went to make it fit it came out a little awkward.

Ha I'm sure you don't really care for my explanation, but seriously thank you for the criticism!

Return to “Music Cafe”