PNG Express - New Photoshop plugin for delivering GUI designs

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've released a new tool that makes it easy and painless to go from a Photoshop design to GUI development. It automates the slicing and exporting of PNG assets, and allows you to create matching design specs with concise information on element positions, dimensions, margins, font features etc.

It's a handy tool when using Photoshop for VST GUI's, mobile apps, websites and similar.

More info & video intro here: http://www.pngexpress.com/

Cheers,
Rune

Rune, this is a nice looking photoshop extension. Is Knob Renderer going to be updated in the same way?

looks good.

Look awesome!!

Brandon

grymmjack wrote:Rune, this is a nice looking photoshop extension. Is Knob Renderer going to be updated in the same way?
Thanks Rick. I'm not sure about Knob Render. It was discontinued years ago and I probably won't bring it back to life as a "product". I have however considered making a stripped down version for my own projects. If I do, and it's worth a damn, I'll of course share it :)

This looks fantastic. I've been using Slicy on the Mac for the same thing but I'd really like to have something that works on Windows as well.

This looks really great!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Rune L-H wrote:
grymmjack wrote:Rune, this is a nice looking photoshop extension. Is Knob Renderer going to be updated in the same way?
Thanks Rick. I'm not sure about Knob Render. It was discontinued years ago and I probably won't bring it back to life as a "product". I have however considered making a stripped down version for my own projects. If I do, and it's worth a damn, I'll of course share it :)
OK, that's great :) I like your ideas a lot. If I were doing more design (I'm programming more these days) I would snap this up as a no-brainer. Really great workflow and simple design. Love it.

You'll definitely benefit from spreading this joy; post it on stumble upon, reddit, etc.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”