Native Instruments Reverb Classics (RC24 & RC48)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd love to hear audio comparison done with VeeThree, LC 24/48, PCM and LX480.

Over at GS, Casey Dowdell from Bricasti referred to these as "spot on" including the modulation on the 24. That's as good as any endorsement can get for me. The ANAL-yzer nurds can just play with their research and data tools. I'll be making music with ALL of these great tools; Valhalla, Relab, NI.
Last edited by Seaside Music on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liero wrote:
sergiofrias wrote:... was almost identical. :)
Can you please put this into more quantifiable language? To what dbFS level does a comparison signal null?

I ask because I've noticed that there are people here who can't hear a difference between... well, anything. :)

EDIT = Just by quickly testing this by ear, I can't get VVV to sound anywhere near "identical" to the RC24.

to be completely identical the algorithm would have to be the same,(same early reflections,or late reflections,decay time,same crossover slopes etc)...

for this test i disabled the early reflection on Valhalla,and used the voxengo curveEQ (as i described on my previous post)

Hear the test on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/sergiofrias/valhalla-vs-rc-24
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Why didn't they put the Plate algorithms?
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

So now I'm at the stage where I'm just kinda randomly a/b'ing and so far the conclusion is WANT! But, what keep telling myself is why when VVV sounds great and it's paid for :oops:

I think I'm going to sell room though to help fund this. Not selling VVV.......yet :hihi:

I've been AB'ing against the lexicon native's (which are cheaper now) and am not that impressed with the NI offerings, particularly the RC48 doesn't sound as "rich" to me as the LXP hall which I have...

Yeah, but no dongle! :hyper:

:hihi:

I'll never try any of those ilok2 verbs so I'm stuck with native city.

Liero wrote:I've been AB'ing against the lexicon native's (which are cheaper now) and am not that impressed with the NI offerings, particularly the RC48 doesn't sound as "rich" to me as the LXP hall which I have...
Agreed. But, of course, the RC48 is a 480L emulation and therefore based on 1986 algorithms. The LXP and PCM are based on their more modern algs, and enjoy almost 30 years of technical improvements. So, it's most likely the 480L we're not as impressed with.

Actually, when you consider how old the 480L is, it's pretty impressive that it holds up as well as it does to Lexicon's current flagship products. They kinda nailed it.

But yeah, I agree. I compared the the PCM Native Random Hall Large to the RC48's and the PCM is much more 3d, lively and full of subtle motion. That said, I think the RC48 has just about as much "lushness" and smoothness going for it.

I'd be interested to hear a shootout between the RC48, 480LX and a real 480L. :shock:

I think I still want a 480L and even a 224 emulation for times where more 2d might be desirable. I've got some theories I'm going to be putting to the test, regarding that. Not sure yet.
Last edited by jalcide on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

don't worry hibidy the NI ones sound just as good as LXP in fact they are bigger and richer.. they are different.. they are specific emulations, lxp largely isn't.

hibidy wrote:So now I'm at the stage where I'm just kinda randomly a/b'ing and so far the conclusion is WANT! But, what keep telling myself is why when VVV sounds great and it's paid for :oops:

I think I'm going to sell room though to help fund this. Not selling VVV.......yet :hihi:
It's better hibidy? Seriously? ValhallaDSP makes some amazing plug-ins. Good CPU use, awesome UI, extremely generous price... Are you a reverb aficionado? :) The only expertise I wield with this stuff is I had a Lexicon MPX-1 (which had a pretty cool Taj Mahal preset :D)) and meh, it was great sounding but I don't honestly feel ValhallaDSP is not just as good as that and in the mix, I can't tell shit from shinola anyway.

grymmjack wrote:
hibidy wrote:So now I'm at the stage where I'm just kinda randomly a/b'ing and so far the conclusion is WANT! But, what keep telling myself is why when VVV sounds great and it's paid for :oops:

It's better hibidy? Seriously? ValhallaDSP makes some amazing plug-ins. Good CPU use, awesome UI, extremely generous price... Are you a reverb aficionado? :) The only expertise I wield with this stuff is I had a Lexicon MPX-1 (which had a pretty cool Taj Mahal preset :D)) and meh, it was great sounding but I don't honestly feel ValhallaDSP is not just as good as that and in the mix, I can't tell shit from shinola anyway.
Don't get me wrong, there is NOTHING wrong with valhalla stuff!

Here's what I've noticed. What putting these two on a buss and playing guitar (which I do more than anything else, poorly, but that is what I do the most :hihi: ) I hear something that is even more magical than VVV.

Now, I don't use dongles, and don't have access to some of those other highly coveted verbs. But there is something about these that are instantly credible to my ears. I dunno, I'm still going to test these out a while (there is no hurry, no special offer or anything) but so far it's really enjoyable to my ears.

I was not impressed by these at all, VintageVerb blows these away.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:I was not impressed by these at all, VintageVerb blows these away.
Agreed. I was going to be post that these are just over priced. They sound good but for the price the Vahalla and CSR lines are better bang for your buck imo.

TheoM wrote:don't worry hibidy the NI ones sound just as good as LXP in fact they are bigger and richer.. they are different.. they are specific emulations, lxp largely isn't.
Yeah, I feel the two are TOTALLY different. But really good in their own way.

@480 (older): Interesting because to my ears, it has the "wider" more "now" sound :lol:

Ugggggggggg, everyone is different :)

djanthonyw wrote:I was not impressed by these at all, VintageVerb blows these away.
I wish I felt that way :lol:

EDIT: not that I don't feel VVV doesn't hold it's own, but blown away is not how I feel at all.

Could it be levels? You know that these have an options tab with in/out volume right? I've noticed that depending on what the settings are the NI's have to be "fed" more to be at the volume level most VVV settings are.

Return to “Effects”