Bricasti reverb sound in the box?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there anything that sounds like Bricasti reverbs in the box?

Also, can anybody that has used them describe the Bricasti sound? I have heard it is rather transparent and blends with the source really well.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hi mate from a lot of research on the issue, i don't think it's really possible.

Casey of Bricasti himself guided me to what he thinks is the best set of impulses, which remember, will be static and the reverb itself is obviously not going to be very editable but he says they sound great.. are you interested in those? i can go through my pm's and find the link

No no, don't trouble yourself with the impulses, this is purely a curiosity for the time being.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

if i remember correctly, Vieres made IR's of the M7 a few years back. i haven't seen him post here in a while and wouldn't know if he still has them available or not.

Nebula Bricasti M7 library on it's way.

http://www.soundonsound.com/forum/showf ... er=1027066

Yes I think I got those bricasti impulses a while back that were posted, from memory they sounded pretty good.. Worth chasing up if you have an impulse loader.

Found the PM. Casey told me to get these

http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

he said they were the best around, version 1.1

TheoM wrote:Found the PM. Casey told me to get these

I use these. They sound great, particularly if your convolution plugin can process in true stereo and has the ability to apply modulation.

Of course it is "possible"... Why does it matter if your "box" is in the shape of 19" rack space or a workstation computer?

The only thing that matters is sustained FLOPs of the system (which is a function of CPU and memory sub-systems speeds). If the commodity computer can process at least as many FLOPs as some illustrious black box, then (the digital aspect of) the process can be exactly the same. Math is math. Multiplication and addition don't care if they are inside your computer or inside your rack...

There never was an analog algo reverb AFAIK.... Artificial reverb has always been a digital process. The only thing that really matters is how good your algorithm is... Not what does the processing or what shape your box is.

One could argue that the analog components of such as system such as a AD and DA converters add something. That's a valid point, though likely/arguably a very minor one...

For the record the M7 IS a pretty damn good algorithm. For sake of argument, one could argue that none of the rest of us are smart enough to design such an algorithm for plug-in use. But the simple counter-argument to this logic, is simply: Casey could himself if he liked, make the M7 in plug-in form... It would run just fine, so long as the given computer can provide enough sustained FLOPs...

Mudcat007 wrote:

I use these.
Me too. for two years now. they're amazing.
Mudcat007 wrote:They sound great, particularly if your convolution plugin can process in true stereo and has the ability to apply modulation.
AND if you have the presets that takes advantage of these abilities (and we DO) :)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Thanks Theo!
esoundz name: Helio

Tp3 wrote:
Mudcat007 wrote:

I use these.
Me too. for two years now. they're amazing.
Mudcat007 wrote:They sound great, particularly if your convolution plugin can process in true stereo and has the ability to apply modulation.
AND if you have the presets that takes advantage of these abilities (and we DO) :)
Care to share said presets?

TheoM wrote:Care to share said presets?
They're on Samplicity's site...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

:bang:

TheoM wrote:Hi mate from a lot of research on the issue, i don't think it's really possible.
Agreed, you would simply need a Bricasti.
I don't think the Impulses are going to really cut it.
I have many of them including duel stereo ones.
Not bad, but not Bricasti....

Return to “Effects”