Ableton Live 9 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like I can download beta! Yay, downloading now and hope it all works fine

Btw, since I'm here, is there a secret handshake area for bug reporting?

:)

I wish I knew if there were ways to report bugs too, but so far just crash reports (and it's crashed 4 or 5 times just trying to install the live pack content) - it cannot get through it so I just documented it the best I could and gave up on installing them and got into the other stuff.

If you go to your user account where you download live 9, in its description is a link to the live 9 beta forum. Its a separate area

Thanks!

ksandvik wrote:Well, for me Live 9 made me re-kindle my love for Logic :-).
I'm with you there.. sorta

there are still a lot of things I like more about Live but... Logic is starting to look good again
~Alyx
soundcloud.com/alyxonfire

hibidy wrote:Btw, since I'm here, is there a secret handshake area for bug reporting?
LOL secret handshake

Need to take it to the Ables forum 8)

Oh I totally found it, reported some stuff, and was totally ignored :hihi:

twiddily twaddily little :hihi: cheesebidi :hihi: fella
lottsa funnia
that's a plain FO
Last edited by TOTAL on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have you been doing bong hits with clorox again?

just downloaded the beta yesterday and am loving it :)

Any clue as to when Live 9 will be officially released ?

Muziksculp wrote:Any clue as to when Live 9 will be officially released ?
Hopefully a while. It mucked up 8 and isn't ready imho.

A while ?

I thought they will finally release it at Winter NAMM 2013 :shock:

They must still be exterminating Live 9 bugs that creeped in from Live 8 :hihi:

In my short time:

-the drum packs are all fugged up. They not longer have grouped stuff (like snares neatly all together) and stuff isn't organized like 8 was. Plus because the new "packs" had to be installed, they mess with 8 now.

-we've discussed the indexing issue which isn't critical on my system but it's something they need to address.

-there is some kinda way to install packs that isn't clear, but it's too late for me anyways. But all pack names have disappeared making it impossible to tell if it's "session drums" or "drum machine". Maybe it's a new feature? :hihi:

-the beta board is very difficult for me to navigate. And it seem nobody is there (though obviously that is not the case)

Don't mistake my idiotic bitterness from KNOWING BETTER THAN TO BETA completely sway you though, there are some nice features and it's not crashing....so that is good. But

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”