Sound Magic Announces Neo Reverb, A New type of Reverb on NAMM 2013

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is the introduction
"Nowadays, when musicians and technicians are talking about reverb, Convolution Reverb is considered to have the best sound - it's more realistic. At the same time, Algorithm Reverb is viewed as more alive and dynamic, with better playability.By converting the True Stereo IRs of specific spaces to Algorithms, Sound Magic is the first to combine both advantages of Convolution and Algorithm. Opening a whole new doorway for digital reverb, we present Neo Reverb.

A new way always needs revolutionary ideas. In order to have the same realistic sound as Convolution Reverb, Neo Reverb has a new model which we have named the Ba gua Model. This new model is different from the famous Schroeder/Moore Model, adding the ability to generate millions of early reflections, and then holding thousands of delay lines for at least 15 seconds. (A typical Algorithm Reverb only utilizes hundreds of early reflections, which has proven, well, satisfactory at best.) This
huge difference puts a lot of pressure on your CPU and RAM. Further, in order to avoid the static sound of most convolution reverbs, you need to modulate these millions of Early Reflections in real time. That's even more of a challenge for your typical computer setup.

To overcome this issue, Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++. By doing so, Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%."

Neo Reverb will show on NAMM 2013 at Booth 1644, Hall E. If you can come to our booth, you will hear how it sounds and experience how it works.

I'm actually dreaming about reverb lately! :help:

All kidding aside, I'm interested to hear this one in action!!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Another one..?

Jeezz...

I can't keep up.

well when shane says "Sound Magic is the first to combine both advantages of Convolution and Algorithm"

that's a bit cheeky cause wizoo did that 8 years ago and so did virsyn

Never read a bigger load of marketing crap in my life!

Sounds great, can't wait
The more you learn - the less you understand

shane1980 wrote:Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%.
Is that supposed to be good?
Never had any Algo and IR verb combined use that much CPU.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

shane1980 wrote: Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++. By doing so, Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%."
But your pianos still use Synth Edit ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chokehold wrote:
shane1980 wrote:Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%.
Is that supposed to be good?
Never had any Algo and IR verb combined use that much CPU.
I'm wondering.. will it be 20% of a Core i7 3770K, or 20% of an Intel Celeron G440? That makes a lot of difference. :hihi:
Website

Teksonik wrote:
shane1980 wrote: Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++. By doing so, Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%."
well that's unlikely as the pianos are also mac native.. unless for some reason the windows versions use synthedit.. how weird..

anyway claims of 20% cpu usage are a bit hilarious.

that's not actually GOOD.

altiverb uses like 3%.

TheoM wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
[..]
anyway claims of 20% cpu usage are a bit hilarious.

that's not actually GOOD.

altiverb uses like 3%.
20% cpu usage doesn't say anything as long as we don't know what kind of CPU they are talking about. Let's just wait for a demo (I hope there will be a demo) and find out for ourselves if the CPU load is ok or not. And when this reverb somehow turns out to be awesome.. I don't mind if that awesomeness needs a bit more cpu power than most other reverb plugins. :)

Look at the Massive Passive EQ from Universal Audio. It uses so much DSP, it's crazy.. but still a lot of people think very highly of it, me included.
Website

TheoM wrote:the pianos are also mac native.. unless for some reason the windows versions use synthedit.. how weird..
What's SynthEdit on Win is SonicBirth on Mac.
Ubrelated to each other, I believe.
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

and as usual Shane does not stick around to answer a single query. ever.

so OVER this "company".

i mean his posts are amazing.. all they do is spam.. that's the only way i see it now.. as they only post one post, that's it, for every new product they announce, then disappear.

I am guessing he means that it uses 20% of what it would otherwise use, had it been coded in c++? I am also guessing this was written by a non-native english speaker?

Panphobia wrote:I am also guessing this was written by a non-native english speaker?
http://www.soundemon.com/company.htm

Return to “Effects”