What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought AirEQ 2009 and have not seen since this time a new version. I think after this long time it's a good idea to have at least a 64Bit version but also some other (GUI) improvements.

How did you get the info ?

Endor-8o8 wrote:How did you get the info ?
Fabrice posted this on FB, he is at NAMM this time presenting also the new AirEQ.
There is no info about 64Bit or stuff but I expect that this version will be 64Bit and the image shows some different things for the GUI.

4damind wrote:
Endor-8o8 wrote:How did you get the info ?
Fabrice posted this on FB, he is at NAMM this time presenting also the new AirEQ.
There is no info about 64Bit or stuff but I expect that this version will be 64Bit and the image shows some different things for the GUI.
Seems awesome !!

So there's more info now out there, It looks interesting but seems to pretty expensive ...
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Yes I think it more expensive than the first version. I don't get the idea of premium. Hope it will be explained soon...

Yeah! "AirEQ" and "Premium"? And I wonder what the upgrade paths are like for previous customers? I hope I get the new features, having waited for any update for so long...
Last edited by bduffy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Typical eiosis BS.

FG-X is the worst limiter around, as in i am not kidding, it really is the worst, it destroys the audio material at even moderate gain, and now eiosis acts like he has some super eq. wasn't it proven that his curves were not analog? i am not 100% sure about that but something tells me i read that somewhere, that they warp.

The thing is to me and this says it all. If the FG-X is THAT bad, and yet the dev praises himself for the unbelievable achievement in his mind, i don't expect anything special at all from anything they offer. The deesser was good from memory, but maybe it was placebo even for that, as it was very very easy to make it lisp. Fab filter on the other hand have blown any other deesser out of the water, there is nothing that comes even within 50% of being remotely as good, nothing.. and they don't go over the top with their claims.. and they have never abandoned customers, ever.

Anyway my point is really, ultimately, they go on and on and use marketing like the thing that is coming is the best in the world, and hype and hype, and they actually believe it (or it might be a tactic), but the products never are. I have never known any other dev to blow their own horn so much..
so..

PASS.. will stick with spl passeq and maag eq thanks.

TheoM wrote:FG-X is the worst limiter around, as in i am not kidding, it really is the worst, it destroys the audio material at even moderate gain, and now eiosis acts like he has some super eq.
Really? All I hear is how good it is at making things loud without destroying the punch, and how good the compressor section is. In fact, I've never heard anyone slam it other than to say something like "Fabfilter or Elephant worked better for some tasks/material."

From the tone of your hole post it sounds like you just don't like Fabrice, which might be clouding your opinion on his work. I can tell you that I think VTM is the best tape machine plugin I've heard, and VCC is great too.

FWIW I like FG-X too, but you really have to learn to use it, for example the ITP slider should be near 'smooth' setting most of the time for electronic dance music, otherwise you can get pretty nasty distortion. It's not as straight forward maybe as PRO-L that can work with almost any setting, but you can get really great results if you put some time in tweaking the knobs.

Air EQ was really great when it came out, I don't think there's any warping in the curves and the cpu footprint is small. Granted, now there are more options that are as good (if not better sometimes). That said I still use Air EQ really often, it's really fast to work with and sounds pleasing.
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

VCC is good i will admit. I use it. VTM distorts too quickly to me. It's very difficult to get a reasonable amount of drive imo.

the COMPRESSOR on FG-X is excellent but it has no make up gain which when i only want to use the compressor, does annoy me.

Yes, i get annoyed with company transfer fees on TOP of ilok fees, i get annoyed when someone disappears for years without supporting his products, and i get annoyed when the one support i ever needed on the deeser was treated so rudely... i admit i have never let it go, ever. It was beyond unacceptable.

But i get annoyed the most at the marketing tactics and bold claims.

I use VCC, so as much as i am not a fan of Fabrice, if i like the plug in, i will pay for it and use it, of course.

and i lauded his products back in the day, i guess, back then, they were a beginning of something different. I mean eiosis days.

But what i say about fg-x i honestly feel. I can't see any scenario where fab filter doesn't sound better, or ozone 5 (which is way behind fab filter but much better than fg-x)

It also allows more isps through than any other limiter on the market, proven and complained about my many repeatedly.

If someone wan't quality that doesn't cost, i thoroughly recommend toneboosters deesser and barricade. In fact, barricade to me is super clean and just "works" every time. It only loses to fab filter in overall loudness, but for those on a budget it's amazing (as is the deesser).

and now i just saw the price.. ouch.. of the air eq i mean.. yes back to that LOL...

I just think this guy is a bit up himself.. that's how i see it.. and if the products blew me AWAY , and for those prices, i would say it.. but i could not believe how many of my club mixes i tried to put through fg-x and it destroyed them..

Air EQ is ok but i remember demoing the hell out of it and it's air band can sound harsh.. Nothing like the way it is marketed. In fact, one can do a great air boost with a $25 overtone dsp pultec.

do not believe the hype and pay $350 for this. It's absolutely insane. It reminds me of sonnox practises.. still touting the oxford eq as something special when it's really NOTHING more than jadeq. Inferior to most available these days, like equality /equick/fabfilter etc. well, people still fall for it. they buy it for their uad's at some ridiculous price.

I feel air eq falls in this category. nothing special, for insane $$$

it can be just as brittle as any other plug in. I remember how excited i was to demo it and then my face dropping to think.. heck.. fab filter's high shelf sounds better in this case.. or... heck, nomad pultec sounds better here, and that was $10, etc, etc

Moonlight wrote:Whaaat? :shock: I use Trigger x64 since it's released.
AU/OSX?
Download link please.
AudioGuy720 wrote:Don't get made because you purchased a 32-bit plugin and now want it to magically become 64-bit.
I'm not mad because I purchased a 32-bit plugin and now it doesn't magically become 64-bit because I want it to.

I didn't just download and read somewhere that "if you copy the x86 installer on a flash drive and put it under a growing light, it will mature to x64", but I paid for the promise that I will receive an x64 version.

I am mad because I PAID FOR a 32-bit plugin under the official promise that "there will be a 64-bit plugin" - yet there isn't one after all this time (not for OSX there isn't).

My own bloody fault, I guess.
"Never believe what is written on the Internet", they said.
That'll teach me.

There is no demo for SSD4.
It's a library, so not a big problem not having a demo.
I bought it anyway, everybody said it was so good.
It wasn't.

Could I sell it?
No, FFS, because Slate didn't allow SSD4 licenses to be transfered.

So instead I had to get AudioMIDI (from where I bought the license) to claim the money back from Slate and reimburse me.
You have NO IDEA what a mess that was. It took WEEKS to make this "you'll get your money back instead" come true. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who the Slate team let wait.

The last thing I wanted to know, whether or not I could sell my Trigger license, took them first about two weeks to answer, I replied the same day and it took them 8 more days to answer again.

Asking a total of $55 transfer fees for a product that costs $69 new is RIDICULOUS.
Especially if their work morale condones 8-day waiting periods for paying customers.
Not even the so-much-hated Waves do that.

I'm not sending any money in Slate's direction ever again, not even if they call it Eiosis instead.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

I purchased the Eiosis E2 Transienter when it first came out and have been more than happy with it. I also have SSD4+CLA/VCC/VTM and Trigger. What I find a little irksome about the situation (much like Apple at the moment) is that older products that should have been kept up to date seem to have been pushed to the back of the queue in favor of newer products that obviously bring in more money. There's no 64bit Trigger but loads of new Slate products... No updated Transienter or DeEsser and no word on the upgrade path for older users of AirEQ (although it's early days yet) It would have been fair to Eiosis users to at least let them know whats happening with the legacy products they invested in. And the two tier pricing on AirEQ seems a little odd. But hey! Time will tell...

kelvyn wrote:I purchased the Eiosis E2 Transienter when it first came out and have been more than happy with it. I also have SSD4+CLA/VCC/VTM and Trigger. What I find a little irksome about the situation (much like Apple at the moment) is that older products that should have been kept up to date seem to have been pushed to the back of the queue in favor of newer products that obviously bring in more money. There's no 64bit Trigger but loads of new Slate products... No updated Transienter or DeEsser and no word on the upgrade path for older users of AirEQ (although it's early days yet) It would have been fair to Eiosis users to at least let them know whats happening with the legacy products they invested in. And the two tier pricing on AirEQ seems a little odd. But hey! Time will tell...
Agreed. I'll wait and see (still love AirEQ, but can't use it), and I assume they'll have a fair upgrade path for current users. But those new prices put the fear in me.

TheoM wrote:FG-X is the worst limiter around, as in i am not kidding, it really is the worst, it destroys the audio material at even moderate gain
So, according to what you say... and based on existing marketing stuff, one could come with with the following slogan :

"FG-X... Beyond Destruction !"

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :hihi:)
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Return to “Effects”