Savihost or other receptor compatible SWAM host.

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Just got an email from Samplemodeling that the saxes have all been redone for the SWAM Engine. I use the sax Bros. currently on my Receptor2+ with Kontakt Player 5. My curiosity is if the SWAM engine will run on the Receptor with a host like Savihost or something similar or is this a lost cause... Of course my receptor may not be fast enough too But I would love to upgrade these if possible. Thanks...

Dan Mackey :?:

The Receptor plays VSTi's.

SWAM engine is a VSTi.

So I'm not sure why you are talking about installing another host on your Receptor? :?
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

The reason I am asking is that some VSTi's require a hot to operate as a standalone instrument. The sax brothers require konrakt, the swam engine saxes info states that they require a host to run standalone and konrakt won't run it. Unless something has changed in the last several months WIVI doesn't work on the receptor at all due to a GUI issue. I see autocorrect is messing with my spellings. I am not trying to be rude but do you have a receptor? It is not as simple as dropping just any VSTi in and it just working. There are a number of compatibility issues that need to be addressed. Things always do change so maybe some things like WIVI may work now and if it does I am not aware of that. It has been a while since I tried to deal with it and Wallender had no immediate plans to implement it, nor did the folks at muse research. Thanks for the reply.

Dan

Muse Receptor is a host.
The Samplemodeling instruments for Kontakt are libraries.
The SWAM instruments are instruments... VSTi's.
They DO NOT require a player like the Kontakt libraries.

Now as to whether they actually work in the Receptor or not, I do not know, sorry.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Are you running a receptor at all and are you running the tools you list on it. If so I would like to know if you have wivi working on it and if so, how?
Thanks,
Dan

I will be able to find out if swam will load on the receptor. The folks at samplemodeling have sent me a license code to try the clarinet to see if it will load. This will be great if it works. It will be interesting to see if by this being a direct VSTi instead of a library if there is better performance without having kontakt in the way.

Thank you everyone for the help and answer given thus far.

Dan Mackey :D

Return to “Muse Research and Development”