NAMM 2013 thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:Or, tracktion 5? Or wait, BITWIG 2.0!
BITWhat? ;)
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:wow!
the namm blurb wrote:Using either wireless connection, the mixer can be directly controlled from a laptop or iPad®, and the aux mixes can be controlled from an iPhone® or iPod touch®;
now, if only it had motorized faders...

Hmmz.. Anyone seen anything from bitwig? I only saw a video where it was controlled by that ... used for reason and now cubase. Cant remember the name!
:hug:

How many more ridiculously overpriced hardware synths do we need? How many more $400 controllers with coloured rubber pads all over them do we need?

Aside from some very pretty guitars from a few manufacturers, this NAMM is chuck full of rubbish. Most of this repetitive, boring nonsense needs to go straight to the trash bin. Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own, pressing little pink and green rubber pads all day is basically just masturbation. It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.

It's like using one of those power chairs to get around when you're not even remotely handicapped. What a useless generation of 'musicians' all this stupid technology has produced with it. Learn to play a real instrument, instead of fiddling about with toys all day long. What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.

The Telenator wrote:How many more ridiculously overpriced hardware synths do we need? How many more $400 controllers with coloured rubber pads all over them do we need?

Aside from some very pretty guitars from a few manufacturers, this NAMM is chuck full of rubbish. Most of this repetitive, boring nonsense needs to go straight to the trash bin. Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own, pressing little pink and green rubber pads all day is basically just masturbation. It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.

It's like using one of those power chairs to get around when you're not even remotely handicapped. What a useless generation of 'musicians' all this stupid technology has produced with it. Learn to play a real instrument, instead of fiddling about with toys all day long. What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.
yay!

The Telenator wrote:How many more ridiculously overpriced hardware synths do we need? How many more $400 controllers with coloured rubber pads all over them do we need?

wow! highly explosive :love:
"It dreamed itself along"

Oh my. Rant on, brother, Rant on!!! :love:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Well... I have to disagree. Because:
1. Synthesizers, computers, or the main software applications cannot be classified, even if remotely, as "toys" (although there ARE many toys around). They are REAL instruments, although some people may not recognize them as that;
2. Knowing music and how to play is useful and necessary (synths USE music technique), and a MUST, no matter how much technoloy you use. Thinking otherwise is just a symptom of ignorance. Technology may help you when you KNOW what you are doing and what you want to do. If you don't, you will end producing rubbish, no matter what you use to do it.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

and anyway, whats so bad about masturbation? many people enjoy a good wank.

vurt wrote:and anyway, whats so bad about masturbation? many people enjoy a good wank.
I just got home .. lots of new youtube namm videos!!

How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCXeoAHMEc

or this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBFzs3Np_k
:hug:

id rather have heard the aphex usb thing in action, than him telling me how i can plug it in...

vurt wrote:and anyway, whats so bad about masturbation? many people enjoy a good wank.
I felt sure someone would go with Woody Allen's "Don't knock masturbation - it's sex with someone I love."

you did! :)

Sure... but with green pads!? Doesn't sound healthy...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

I heard Sound Magic and...and...now I can't remember the other one that will be there!! I'll post if I remember it. Maybe someone should check it out.
John
"B4serenity"

Anything new from Spectrasonics?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”