VolumeShaper 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

Depends how fast you are with FL I suppose :lol:

I have to be fair; it is more accurate than volume automation in FL's playlist. Gross Beat is a good contender though, just because you get time and volume automation in the same plugin ;)

audiosabre wrote:Depends how fast you are with FL I suppose :lol:

I have to be fair; it is more accurate than volume automation in FL's playlist. Gross Beat is a good contender though, just because you get time and volume automation in the same plugin ;)
thanks mate, i will demo it and compare with gross beat and see if i would get it for 15 bucks ;).

cyphersuit wrote:quick question: is this vst 64 bit?
Yes!

It's 32- and 64-bit, VST, AU and RTAS, for Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X.

osiris wrote:Nothing in that video you couldn't find out by trolling around in here...
Congrats Jakob.
Thanks!

I did not know the trick with cutting the kick (well we all know about sidechaining the bassline, but cutting the tail from the kick for providing space for the bassline was at least new for me and seems pretty useful).

There;s a way to do this on the Sampler portion in FL. My kicks always seem too boomy and sound nicer if you cut out the end.

osiris wrote:There;s a way to do this on the Sampler portion in FL. My kicks always seem too boomy and sound nicer if you cut out the end.
What I found interesting with David Guetta's tip was that VolumeShaper can make sure to edit the length of the kick in rhythmic context - like to make sure that the tail is cut exactly after an 8th note (when the bassline plays)? Thats where VolumeShaper can come in handy.

demo'ed it a bit, but when i have a pattern with 7 kicks isnt there a way to specify a volume shape for a kick which effects all 7 kicks in the pattern? otherwise you have to draw for each kick the volume shape..

Caine123 wrote:demo'ed it a bit, but when i have a pattern with 7 kicks isnt there a way to specify a volume shape for a kick which effects all 7 kicks in the pattern? otherwise you have to draw for each kick the volume shape..
I tried to do similar thing: specify a drawn volume shape for each MIDI note.
I'd like to set the length of the shape. Not sure if this can be done.

sl1914 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:demo'ed it a bit, but when i have a pattern with 7 kicks isnt there a way to specify a volume shape for a kick which effects all 7 kicks in the pattern? otherwise you have to draw for each kick the volume shape..
yeah cause if not you are spending more time drawing than producing and are with side chaining and other tools faster on it.

sl1914 wrote:
You can trigger the envelope by MIDI notes - if your host allows you to route MIDI to VolumeShaper (if its on an instrument channel, than in some hosts VolumeShaper will get the MIDI notes automatically).

Set it to "Beat Retrig.", "Beat 1-Shot", "Synced Retrig.", "Synced 1-Shot" or "Note" in the LFO section - each time, the LFO starts when a note is played, synced to the song position, free running or with the frequency of the note that is played; and looped or onle once. So, plenty of options.

Thanks, I need to try this again.

sl1914 wrote:Thanks, I need to try this again.
Ah, got it, you want different lengths for each MIDI note?

If the snapping grid division was adjustable, it could be set to fit any time frame in one shot mode. This is my only recommendation, great work overall.

Bought the plugin, love the plugin!!!
Finally!

Sorry but I have not read the whole thread.
so Forgive me if this Q was asked before.

At http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html
System Requirements
Supported formats:
VST, RTAS (Pro Tools 8 and higher)
32- and 64-bit

When they say "supported" it usually means it can host VST and RTAS.
Just to make sure the VolumeShaper is a stand-alone program. Correct?

Too bad as I need a VST-fx plug-in that one can draw volume and panning parameters directly on a waveform.

Return to “Effects”