deleted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted
Last edited by cutbyrazor on Sat May 10, 2014 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted...

deleted

It was in my Music Cafe "wishlisten" but, I forgot it for some reason. :oops:

To be honest, the stereo FX, wahwah-like synths and excessive filtering are a little annoying. The FX are well done, but the problem is the overuse of them.

Also, the beat is buried in the mix and I think it should be a little more to the forefront.

Positive points: the track is grooving and you seem to know your setup. Like I said, the FX are very good.

Of course, it's all personal opinion. Sorry for being so critical. :)
Last edited by dark_virus on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Way too much filtering to be honest , and it cant disguise the fact that there are very few parts to the track.
I found there were a few dischordant notes in there too.......around 2:40 , and the final note being the most obvious , but my biggest problem with the track is the unusual nature of the source sample.......i know what you're trying to achieve , but that sample doesntwork wellin a daft punk-esque kinda track.
It could benefit from a much tighter structure too , as the ideas seem to drag on too long before a new element is introduced.
If it were a conversation between you and your listener , you need to be more economical with your words and say only what you mean to say and only what you need to say.
The overall tone of the track sounds good , especially the bass in the filter sweeps.
Hope this is helpful , and sorry for the bad medicine =)

deleted
Last edited by cutbyrazor on Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, like others have stated, this is like a demo track for some filter plugin wank.

I waited and waited through 60 secs of "wooohhhoowhaaaawooowwhhha" to see if it would cut into the track proper.

But alas, in then drops further into the abyss of low-pass-filter-hell.

This virtual online A&R man (that's me) says "Nay".

Sorry.

:x

P.S. I seriously gave you 60 secs because I'm nice :-o

Never releases into a full lush beat with all the elements going bang bang boom boom ! Isn't that the whole point of the whole filter sweep stuff in the beginning ;that it releases into a full power progression ! I'm no genius but yea u can consider it ! Good luck mate ;)
Music is the essence of life.

https://www.srvmusicmaker.com/

Too little material stretched too far. A+ on the skill level, not quite such high marks for musical content.

Victor.

dark_virus wrote: To be honest, the stereo FX, wahwah-like synths and excessive filtering are a little annoying. The FX are well done, but the problem is the overuse of them.
i was just going to say something about the filtering to the effect of: anyone from the days of cassette and 8track tapes remembers how pissed off they would get when the player chewed the tape, knowing the result would sound similar to the widely popular "filter" effect everytime the song went into the chewed part :x :tantrum: :dog: :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

deleted
Last edited by cutbyrazor on Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted

Return to “Music Cafe”