DSI Prophet 12

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

woa.. looks amazing..

But those patches he's playing on it... whhhy??

But those patches he's playing on it... whhhy??
What are you talking about? There are some very good sounds! The only issue is with too much compression on the final wav/mp3 master, other than that listen to the detail. The complexity and texture of some of the sounds is amazing.

Already mentioned this on GS, but we have entered another golden age of analog hardware.

To oscillation and beyond!!! :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

This sounds fantastic with the right specs. I'll take hybrid any day. Digital Osc offer far more variety and quantity of shapes and tones to work with, plus the best part of analog - real VCFs/VCAs. As Himalaya notes, the textures and sound detail is quite prevalent in the video. Bravo Dave!

May be too early to call, but this could be best in show. Curious what Yamaha and Kurz are bringing to the table.

I hope its not yet another year, after year, after year of hearing Kurz say "we're working on it"...
Last edited by RandomWave on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

himalaya wrote: Already mentioned this on GS, but we have entered another golden age of analog hardware.
That's for sure. Electronic musicians have never had it better, if you ask me.

Haraldator wrote:
himalaya wrote: Already mentioned this on GS, but we have entered another golden age of analog hardware.
That's for sure. Electronic musicians have never had it better, if you ask me.
+1

Those choices are indeed amazing and the new Prophet 12 looks interesting.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

almost bought a prophet08 every half year since it came out. never did.
now I know why :)

sounds great, and looks awesome, i'd love to have it.

yeah, I just pre-ordered the sub phatty. This looks like something to get right behind it. Talk about two great synths that would complement eachother. Hey, if the government can print money at will, why can't I.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I wonder how many patches it can hold...

Looks and sounds nice. I love the abundance of knobs for hands-on controls. :-)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Want want want !!! :love:

Himalaya and luftrum, I hope you guys are going to design some cool patches for this beast !

This is indeed a golden age especially compared to the early 90s ROMpler hell when I first started.

The only thing that is preventing my credit cards from flying out of my wallet is MIDI jitter. :-o Try replacing a part with precise timing played by an ITB softsynth with a hardware synth controlled by MIDI. The timing is all of the place. We should celebrate MIDI's 30 year anniversary by replacing it with some better.

$3000 dollars seems pretty well priced.

*Alesis* I hope your thinking about bringing back the A6 now..
:borg:

FrantzM wrote:We should celebrate MIDI's 30 year anniversary by replacing it with some better.
You're in luck
http://www.midi.org/aboutus/news/hd.php
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”