New mini Spark

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cute name too (I wonder if they thought of the name first?) - they should have My Little Pony Sparkle stickers on it :)

"Trouser-flapping bass" drum :hihi: Fantastic little machine. Looks a lot more portable than Spark. And it'll prolly be around $200 next year.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

The Arturia guy in one of the videos said $249 and shipping Q1 this year. I've always liked the programming layout of Spark, but felt it was unnecessarily big and had some poor layout choices. I think they've improved the layout with this one. Wonder how the software is for loading your own samples though?

Hi guys,
the price is USD 299 / EURO 249 as written on this page.
For loading your own samples you just have to drag'n'drop them on the pads.

This could get interesting depending on the sample load workflow, Ive always felt that Dave Smiths/ Roger Linns tempest is missing the 8 Ball with the lack of sample mangling,loading etc . It would make it the Tempest the perfect instrument and well, Roger Linn helped design the MPC 60. Shame but you can't have everything although you could if they were inspired enough to do it.

Thanks Kevin - is there an integrated browser in the software? One that would allow me to preview the sounds as part of the sequence (without replacing the sound currently on the pad)? Almost like hot swapping in Ableton. Really cool to have the ability to mix synthesis and samples in Spark though.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:Hi guys,
Any discount for current Spark owners? Can Sparkle use the Spark software install?

5Lives wrote:The Arturia guy in one of the videos said $249 and shipping Q1 this year. I've always liked the programming layout of Spark, but felt it was unnecessarily big and had some poor layout choices. I think they've improved the layout with this one. Wonder how the software is for loading your own samples though?

Yes the sequenceing pads in the middle is a MUCH better layout.

Waiting for this one to drop a little in price before considering. Doesn't look like it can work standalone (without PC)..

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:Hi guys,
Does this include the VDM library? Also does it load your add-ons as I noticed the software UI is different, or can you use it with the add-ons, like VDM and the dubstep one for example, i.e. how does it intergrate with the software from it's big brother, or does it not?

Looks fab. A feature comparison on web site would be nice to see this up against original Spark.

I'm also really interested in this piece of hardware! it seems to be really straightforward! can't wait to test it out in a local store! and the price is right too! congrats, arturia! :)

DELETED

michi_mak wrote:
jackrabbit wrote:Looks fab. A feature comparison on web site would be nice to see this up against original Spark.
same software but smaller formfactor ( with lesser knobs ) ...
It's not the same software, it has a different ui! watch the videos...

DELETED

Return to “Instruments”