KORG to re-release the MS-20!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

maybe next year eh dave?

I think it's a great and smart move for Korg to put this out at that price. I love it. The size is just right. The sound is just right. The price is just right.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

i like the size, will make me look bigger than i am :)
ill feel like a giant :D

vurt wrote:maybe next year eh dave?
:hihi:

....no.

This is one monosynth everyone should have.

I was seriously considering getting an MFB Dominion X because it has 3 oscs, sync, FM, patchability, lots of mod functions, two filter types... but this has really put a spanner in the works!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

EvilDragon wrote:This is one monosynth everyone should have.
+1111
:borg:

I thought this thread is abour Korg will relaunch some vsti : ) I was wrong!

Sendy wrote:I was seriously considering getting an MFB Dominion X because it has 3 oscs, sync, FM, patchability, lots of mod functions, two filter types... but this has really put a spanner in the works!
I'm also intrigued by the Dom X. I think you should get both. :P

I'm not helping, aren't I? :D

EvilDragon wrote:This is one monosynth everyone should have.
give it 6 months and they prob will

Bosqoue! wrote:Guess who bought a used MS20 off ebay just 2 days before the rumour first appeared on synthopia.com? whoops....
I guess there'll be even much confusion than now at eBay when
this thing will go onto the market.
On eBay some bad people already try to sell one thing for another...
"and then they were three"! :cry:

himalaya wrote:These are extremely good times for analog synth fans: the new MS20, Sub Phatty, Oberheim SEM, Dominion X, Lipzieg-S, Telemark, Minibrute, Vermona Perfourmer/Monolancet, Dark Energy, Boomstars (as yet to come), the DSI series. Pheew! There is no reason to spend ridiculous amounts of money on ebay ripoff sales with this lot around!
This is true, and the new gear has advantages as well, mainly that it's working properly so there's no risk in buying. On the other hand, vintage gear seems to become increasingly pricey so as an investment it's probably better. When you need to get rid of it for some reason, you don't lose anything.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Sweetwater.com blurb wrote:This is no copycat knockoff either - the MS-20 mini is nearly identical to the original, with the same analog oscillators (now digitally stabilized)
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS20mini

Please say it ain't so, KORG-san, please tell me it's the Sweetwater copywriter blowing poop out of their mucky blow hole.

osiris wrote:It's mono.... :-o
No fx, no arp, no presets,,,,,
Party like it's 1968, ya'll
Good, I hate polyphony. It's hard enough to hit one key that's in the right scale

To those that are questioning, or are unhappy with the mini keys.

The mini keys makes for a smaller unit which makes for lower shipping costs.

Or rather, due to the cost of Oil, this is all that our friends in Asia can ship us for the same price now. :(

Yes, that's right, get used to recieving "84% of your synths" from now on :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”