Sound Magic Announces Neo Reverb, A New type of Reverb on NAMM 2013

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will believe and judge that 'revolutionary' thing when I hear it and I have a demo to try between my hands. Until then, it's vaporware.

A new reverb technolgy? This is confusing..
Isn't "Ba gua" an ancient name for "snake oil"? :?
Ok, will give it a try.. The market for reverbs seems big enough after all.

Funny how people jump over to Synthedit bashing from a reverb announcement.   :nutter:

But the "low" 20% CPU and "we are the first to do a hybrid reverb" is in fact really bizarre   :roll:

Image   :D

ImageImage

WOK wrote:Funny how people jump over to Synthedit bashing from a reverb announcement.   :nutter:  
The only jump I saw was from Synth Edit to this:
shane1980 wrote:Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++.
If you call that bashing I think you're being too sensitive. But we know you're one of the Synth Edit gurus so understand your defense of it... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
WOK wrote:Funny how people jump over to Synthedit bashing from a reverb announcement.   :nutter:  
The only jump I saw was from Synth Edit to this:
shane1980 wrote:Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++.
If you call that bashing I think you're being too sensitive. But we know you're one of the Synth Edit gurus so understand your defense of it... :shrug:
I've meant that:
Teksonik wrote:
shane1980 wrote: Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++. By doing so, Neo Reverb keeps your CPU usage around 20%."
But your pianos still use Synth Edit ?
The word "Synthedit" has the same rank as "Virus" or "Reaper/Cubase" at KvR now.... :? :box:
ImageImage

shane1980 wrote:To overcome this issue, Sound Magic uses ASM (assembly language) in its core. ASM is the native language of your CPU and it's far more efficient than common C++.
Not necessarily. It totally depends on the skills of the ASM programmer and the type of operations that the program is performing. C++ always gets run through a compiler that translates it into ASM. In some cases the C++ compiler translates the C++ into very very efficient ASM and there is not much that can be done with hand-coded ASM to improve performance. In other cases there are optimizations that can be made using hand-coded ASM that can make significant improvements in efficiency ... it all depends on what is being done and how much the algorithm allows for things to be optimized.

From their description this sounds like a very demanding (CPU-hungry) plugin but I'll wait for the demo to see how well the marketing matches the delivery. Cool concept though, I hope it stands up.

Return to “Effects”