So $50 for the full version of Tracktion 4? Is there a catch?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It seems like such a low price for such an immense DAW! Am i missing something? Is this like a LE edition you upgrade later to?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:It seems like such a low price for such an immense DAW! Am i missing something? Is this like a LE edition you upgrade later to?
No, that's the price. You aren't getting any bundleware with it though, or a box I assume, so a lot of the overhead on most DAWs is gone right there.

I think the idea is to pitch it at the "I don't really need to justify this" price-point. Even for users with other DAWs having T around just because it is blazing fast to open, record some tracks and close makes it a useful adjunct to almost anything.
Last edited by valley on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:It seems like such a low price for such an immense DAW! Am i missing something? Is this like a LE edition you upgrade later to?
No, that's the price. You aren't getting any bundleware with it though, or a box I assume, so a lot of the overhead on most DAWs is gone right there.
Well i already own a ton of expensive plugins, so I won't be needing any addon stuff. Wow this is great!

TSC are not Mackie, but they have to get back all the people who switched to other DAW's because of Mackies "No-Talking-to-Tracktioneers-Policy".
These Ex-Tracktioneers would have been bought expensive DAW's in the meantime and do not want to spend another lot of money for another DAW. 59 $ is ok for all, I think. At this price many people will switch back. No big risk. It is a full version. I think you will pay later for new major versions an upgrade fee, but this is usual.
Lost in Music...

Yes There is a catch, You have to have $50.00

Oh, and be a child of the Master Race...(almost forgot that one)

mfkne wrote:… Ex-Tracktioneers would have been bought expensive DAW's in the meantime and do not want to spend another lot of money for another DAW. 59 $ is ok for all, I think.
Ex-Tracktioneers don't pay $59, they pay a flat upgrade fee of $29, regardless if from version 1, 2 or 3.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Gymnopedies wrote:
This supposed to be a joke? :?

V0RT3X wrote:
Gymnopedies wrote:
This supposed to be a joke? :?
He means the lizard people
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Spitfire31 wrote:
mfkne wrote:… Ex-Tracktioneers would have been bought expensive DAW's in the meantime and do not want to spend another lot of money for another DAW. 59 $ is ok for all, I think.
Ex-Tracktioneers don't pay $59, they pay a flat upgrade fee of $29, regardless if from version 1, 2 or 3.
I've had plenty of hangovers in my time that cost more than 30 USD.

Upgrading nearly ten year old software that is two versions out of date for 50% of an already low price, is kind of unheard of. As a statement of good faith, I really don't think it can be beat.

Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
When I registered at the new website, I was not recognized as a T3 license holder and was not offered the option of an upgrade.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

/Joachim
When I registered at the new website, I was not recognized as a T3 license holder and was not offered the option of an upgrade.
There's a bunch of account migration issues that they're running into over at TSC. Pretty much everyone here seems to be in the same boat in some way or another.

Give it a try again later today/tomorrow.

downloading the demo now, have never used it. ableton user since v4 so itll be a plunge but i feel like the price point is too nice to at least not check out.

can anyone summarize a quick list of pros and cons of the software?

FiascoAndretti wrote:downloading the demo now, have never used it. ableton user since v4 so itll be a plunge but i feel like the price point is too nice to at least not check out.

can anyone summarize a quick list of pros and cons of the software?
pros:
very flexible routing.
zero to recording time is hard to beat if you're in a hurry to capture some jamming magic
efficient UI layout.
responsive devs (again)

cons:
you don't get a studio in a box
the midi editor could do with some love
it does pitch shifting and the like, but not to the level of live.

My sense is that even if I had found something to replace Tracktion in my heart, I'd still be all over T4 just for those "I need to get this down now" moments.

that quickness sounds appealing i agree. thanks for the write up!

Not counting the "Mackie era" the price is pretty much in line
with the whole Tracktion tradition.
Tracktion was always relatively inexpensive.
It's part of it's charm.

:?

Return to “Tracktion”