Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

here it is, gonna be a long time before I save up for one though........

http://www.caparisonguitarcompany.com/e ... nger-ii-fx

It will be a year before I can justify one but it's my next guitar :P

some new pics of the ibby taken in better light, the flash makes it more bright than it is and all but the last one of these is without the flash.

the last one shows what I mean about how the edge pro is set up and why I was confused doing it without the bar (but I did this without an ibby bar at all tbh). I dont have room release some tension on the springs because the tremolo arm will be hitting the volume knob and also not give me any dive bomb room at all because the arm was angled down. At the same time I dont have much room to add tension to the springs because then the fine tuners will be out of reach. (this has happened with FR systems too but not as critical and I can bend those bars to fit me, not the ibby...the bar breaks)

I could call this my only complaint with the guitar, but it's easy as pie to adjust if you know what you are doing, true it requires a little more precision but like I said before this is what makes the edge pro so comfortable to play. I dont mind the arm not swinging like a rose, it takes some getting use to but it has it's advantages so I can take it and leave it. I have two spare sets of bushings thanks to breaking the arm I got from ibby (it came with one spare set and I took the ones off the arm that broke), I put them all in the same little baggie and put them inside the jack cavity on the back of the guitar.

Once again, I am not sure I would want to change anything...maybe build a stratoblaster pre in the future but even that is likely a long ways off (I have two EMG PA2s doing nothing as well) because this is one of the most aggressive sounding passive guitars I have ever played. I haven't checked to see if the pups are 4 conductor or not, if they are I could add some switching options...but again I'm not in a rush.

The neck at the 12th fret is 1/16" wider than my Warmoth Strat neck with the wizard back, it's about 1/32" (a little less) wider than my newer ESP and my Jackson at the 12th fret. I call my Jackson Kelly and aircraft carrier because it feels so big, this one has a larger neck surface and feels smaller..I love it. It's tuned to Gm now (because that's my favorite tuning these days) as is the newer ESP. (DGDGBbD) The Jackson is tuned 1 step higher at Am and my other ESP which is getting the new pups bought from wooly will be tuned to Eb. (all 4 guitars have locking nut tremolos)

I love the guitar, ibby got this one right for my tastes :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm really confused. none of my bars hit the volume knob and my trems are level.

Oh yeah, and I'm jealous team j craft boy :hihi:

hibidy wrote:I'm really confused. none of my bars hit the volume knob and my trems are level.
mine is level and it's not hitting the knob :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I'm confused then. Sorry.

hibidy wrote:I'm confused then. Sorry.
a picture is worth 1000 words, here's 2000 words

ESP with rose vs. ibby with edge pro

look at the difference in arm height, the fine tuners and how high above the body the rose is than the edge pro.

When I set the ibby up without the bar I set it up so the fine tuners were not angled back and were flat like a rose...look and see what would happen to the ibby arm in this case. The edge pro is a lower profile than even my recessed FRs.

But once again this is a good thing, the edge pro is more comfortable for resting my hand on and less apt to put it out of tune by doing so (not that that has been an issue because I have had FRs for so long I'm use to it)...I could pull the bar up one notch as you know, but I dont want to :shrug:

@Hink: lovely instrument!!! Love 'em but I hate floating trems.. urgh.. :( :?

First cash into the savings account for the Nashville Tele today! :hyper: :wheee: Now if I can avoid the strip club for a few weeks, I'll be set by March! :-o :-o

Back to arguing with the JamMan Solo XT... :cry: :help:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

I just realized what a stupid pic that is...the ESP is contoured and the knob is set in the wood...not a good example :oops:

My next guitar is a loophole....that's right....a loophole. I get a guitar, I mod a guitar, I have brought guitars home and had them for less than an hour before I am swapping something out or adding something. But I want to leave the ibby be, hence the loophole. Sitting in the closet has been my other ESP/LTD all apart just waiting for me to solder in some pups, then along comes this Duncan Pearly Gates and I discover that one of my other pups is actually not just a duncan jb but an old, old one (not the one from you wooly) that was handwound.

Then I discover that in fact my 1980s Floyd Rose swaps nicely with the Licensed FR that was in the guitar. That's what I got the megaswitch and an Orange Drop cap for, when I'm done all that will be stock on the guitar will be the neck, the body and the tuners (have to because the headstock is reversed and they are the only set I have that will work). Of course an EMG PA2 is in that guitar as well.

There's my loophole, instead of attacking the new guitar I'm fixing up an old one that has been ridden hard and put up wet many times. :hihi:

morelia wrote:
Hink wrote:
morelia wrote:
Hink wrote:
morelia wrote:
Uncle E wrote: The main benefit of the P-Rails is the versatile switching possibilities. As a straight humbucker, I personally think there are better things available.
Thanks. I'll look them up but to be honest I'm happy with a three way switch for variation. When funds allow I'll likely add Slash Alnicos unless there is a better idea pops up.
I dont think I would put p-rails in any of my standard six string guitars but I am surprised more people have not used them in a baritone like I do...that dark sounding works well with a baritone :tu:
I've spent too much time playing and not enough tinkering. Having said that I need every minute of play time just to maintain my current low standard of playing.

I wish I had more of an idea with guitar surgery but with this one I'm not so scared to mess up a little.
We can talk you through it :)
I'll be back :wink:
Intonation was a bit dodgy. I've made some adjustments but on some strings I can't get enough winds to align the pitch of a fretted note and a harmonic at 12th. So what's next?

(I'm hitting the harmonic at 12 and then fretting the same note. If the fretted version is sharp I wind the individual bridge out to extend the string length. I think that's right?)
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

hibidy wrote:here it is, gonna be a long time before I save up for one though........

http://www.caparisonguitarcompany.com/e ... nger-ii-fx

It will be a year before I can justify one but it's my next guitar :P
Very nice-looking instrument! :D :hihi:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

grandson approved after a brilliant performance and a good job of messing it up some...the kid already needs a tech :hihi:

:)

:D
Blue Phase Music

4lb Kitty wrote::D
just like how he is smiling :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”