What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

NEW ACE SKIN --- Colorama --- sound by colors

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:59 pm NEW ACE SKIN --- Colorama --- sound by colors

this is a new GUI for ACE
(and here the monochrome version)

click on the pictures for bigger view
Image


Image


Image

the knobs change the color depending on the values, but they don't move

so it is not the usual kind of visual feedback,
and maybe this helps a bit more listening to the sounds

the download is here:
colorama

any comments are welcome

have fun
Last edited by rsmus7 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
mleghorn
KVRist
 
208 posts since 17 Dec, 2007, from Evanston, IL.

Postby mleghorn; Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:30 am

That looks very cool! Quite original. I've tried various skins for ACE, but keep going back to the original. Maybe this will be the "one".
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 am

mleghorn wrote:That looks very cool! Quite original. I've tried various skins for ACE, but keep going back to the original. Maybe this will be the "one".


thanks

I hope the skin will fit your needs
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am

no more comments?

is it so bad?
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
2876 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:05 am

rsmus7 wrote:no more comments?

is it so bad?

Sorry, but I am an old fashion guy. Your knobs look like "smarties" to me. I prefer something that reminds me that thing is to be turned to right or left. Usually, I don't criticize, but you asked... I like some "eye candy" (like those gorgeous panels with knobs, buttons, sliders, etc. - even if it's just virtual).
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
mellotronaut
KVRAF
 
9982 posts since 2 Jan, 2005, from somewhere in the woods

Postby mellotronaut; Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am

Image

wonky :-o
"It dreamed itself along"
User avatar
bailees7irish
KVRAF
 
2567 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from virginia, US

Postby bailees7irish; Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 am

rsmus7 wrote:no more comments?

is it so bad?


I like it because it's different. Nice job! 8)

p.s. It DOES kinda remind me of Wonka. Maybe that's why I like it :hihi:
FL Studio 11 / Music Creator 6 Touch / Fabfilter One / Aalto / Alchemy / Cumulus / Scanned Synth Pro / Consequence / EVE / Harmless / Ohmboyz / Mobilohm / Hematohm / Predatohm / Eos
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am

mellotronaut wrote:Image

wonky :-o


hihi...

and it tastes like sugar candy

:wink:

fmr wrote:Sorry, but I am an old fashion guy. Your knobs look like "smarties" to me. I prefer something that reminds me that thing is to be turned to right or left. Usually, I don't criticize, but you asked... I like some "eye candy" (like those gorgeous panels with knobs, buttons, sliders, etc. - even if it's just virtual).


I understand you, and sometimes I like those "old fashioned" GUIs too,
but this time I wanted to do something different, and I know that it might need
some time to get used to it


thanks for the comments
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
User avatar
Sendy
KVRAF
 
4426 posts since 20 Jul, 2010

Postby Sendy; Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:57 am

I like the idea in theory, but honestly, with a modular like ACE, the colour thing is just going to get in the way of finding the right settings. With modulars often you need things to be a certain way that can't be set by ear, before you can get results in another module.

The idea might work better in a hardwired synth.

I'm also not a fan of light grey and flat textures. I see a lot of light grey and almost solarized-looking shading in user made skins and it never looks right to me, almost like an inverted spectrum.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp!
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:45 pm

bailees7irish wrote:
I like it because it's different. Nice job! 8)

p.s. It DOES kinda remind me of Wonka. Maybe that's why I like it :hihi:



thanks bailees7irish

a shame I don't get Wonka sweets here in germany ;-)
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Sendy wrote:I like the idea in theory, but honestly, with a modular like ACE, the colour thing is just going to get in the way of finding the right settings. With modulars often you need things to be a certain way that can't be set by ear, before you can get results in another module.

The idea might work better in a hardwired synth.

I'm also not a fan of light grey and flat textures. I see a lot of light grey and almost solarized-looking shading in user made skins and it never looks right to me, almost like an inverted spectrum.



I understand your position,
but you can still see the values of every knb for the finetuning
in the upper preset-name pane
and I'm not so sure about which things you think of that need proper settings which can't be done by ears
and imho ACE is "only" semi-modular
but I don't want to argue about that
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb
PatchAdamz
KVRAF
 
1766 posts since 12 Nov, 2012

Postby PatchAdamz; Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:50 pm

rsmus7 wrote:no more comments?

is it so bad?


Not bad at all, personally I like it.
User avatar
rsmus7
KVRAF
 
4407 posts since 2 Feb, 2003, from lost in music

Postby rsmus7; Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 pm

PatchAdamz wrote:Not bad at all, personally I like it.


:D

thx
darkend bank for ZebraHZ click here
Imageweb

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he