BR: OK new bug - AU automation broken

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now I have the full version I can confirm that automation recording for AU plugins is broken. Just tried recording the cutoff (just using the mouse, no controllers at this stage) from several synths: Podolski, Fabfilter Twin and Circle. In each case nothing is recorded (and yes the arm automation record was on).

Narrowed it down to AUs, it doesn't seem to affect the equivalent VST versions.

Confirmed for AU.

Vst plugins automation not working: Absynth, Kontakt and Stylus RMX. Doesn't work in T3 either.

I managed to get T4 recording automation (macro controls) for Absynth 5 VST but it's finicky - crashed a couple of times and also a couple of takes recorded just the automation but no midi notes.

I like the crash recovery though - saved my project that did.

aMUSEd wrote:I managed to get T4 recording automation (macro controls) for Absynth 5 VST but it's finicky - crashed a couple of times.
Yup. just had that happen here. I'm capturing some extra debug info here, so I sent a post-mortem to Jules.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

The key thing is it looks like automation recording for AUs isn't working at all.

aMUSEd wrote:The key thing is it looks like automation recording for AUs isn't working at all.
Yes, I replicated that too. I'm currently switching between VSTs and AUs in the case where I have a plug that supports both to see how the VST fares.

Unfortunately my Mac plugin library is minuscule, limiting what I can do.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

I forgot to enable host automation in Stylus (vst) and Kontakt (vst) so no problem there.

Absynth (vst), on the other hand makes T hang most of the time.

Return to “Tracktion”