New website omnishambles thread..

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

valley wrote:
mandolarian wrote:The account 'content' part of the page drools onto the page footer and the Save profile button is no longer visible.
:lol: :cry: :lol:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I had a Mackie account and tried to log into the new T site with the old details. The password didn't work so I did a password reset, which I received via email.

I saw only my T1 info there (but not T2 or T3) and decided to upgrade to T4 today. I did that and the new upgrade license shows in my account.

When I launch T4 to input the key using my new account details it tells me there's a license error and that I don't have a Tracktion account yet (which I clearly do).
I've also tried my old Mackie user and password and it tells me the key does not exist on the server.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

same - i had to reset my pw on the new website, which now all works, but the app doesn't recognise my account... grrrr

pwal wrote:same - i had to reset my pw on the new website, which now all works, but the app doesn't recognise my account... grrrr
So, you get the same error as me when you go to input your account details for the unlock?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

jules wrote: Apparently the problems are mainly caused by weirdnesses in the database that we inherited from LOUD...
So LOUD managed to find one more way to screw Tracktion users. :x

I also can't log in to the Tracktion site with my Mackie account info. I am able to log in to the Mackie site. My Mackie login details have not changed in years.
I'll be patient and will upgrade when this is fixed. This is just info for the Tracktion team.
Thank you VERY much for getting Tracktion back in business.

Hmm, I wonder what the support forum on the tracktion.com web site is for if the developers actually seem to be more active here...

Is any one actually reading the problem reports over there?

In particular, I and other are having problems resetting their passwords, because the database access seems incorrectly configured. Details see here:

http://www.tracktion.com/support/forum/ ... cess-error

Just tested it again and the error persists.

Chris

valley wrote: Image
Kinda cute, but I'd hate to see what the "HTML with inline styles" mug looks like!

Still experiencing license key issues, I have faith Jules & co. will get them sorted soon. Watching LOUD's incompetence over the years (not just Mackie, Ampeg too) gives me a sense of the bodge TSC has to wade through.

Same issues as everyone else here. T4 says I don't have a Tracktion.com account. Silly Tracktion. At any rate, I logged back into my old Mackie account (I haven't logged in over there in probably three or four years I'm guessing). My password was showing as invalid so I had Mackie's system send it to my email address as I assumed I somehow forgot what it was.

The password Mackie had on hand was completely bogus and something that I've never used ever. I assume my account at Mackie got hacked or compromised or something. Not good. Not sure if that is it all related to the issues TSC is having with the user data Mackie handed over everything over to Jules? Sounds like a mess on Mackie's part. One more reason I'm glad Jules is at the helm again. Stupid Mackie...
Proprietor of Fine Music and Hot Sauce...

www.theFPband.blogspot.com

What I noticed , when i go to unlock T4 its got my machine id or computer # from my OLD T3 license on that 1st dark grey screen , anyway that computer id # on THE OLD T3 had some uppercase then lowercase letters in it , but on THE NEW T4 on that dark grey screen its the same # but its ALL uppercase without any lowercase letters . I wonder if this is problem with it not getting unlocked ????

Winstontaneous wrote: Kinda cute, but I'd hate to see what the "HTML with inline styles" mug looks like!
About the same I'd imagine. It'd just use ten times as much ink to do it. :wink:
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Still don't see my T2 and T3 licenses in My Account. I know I could still get the T4 upgrade, but I'm a little worried what might happen if my T3 install should get corrupted and I have to reauthorize (this happened to one of my colleagues). I can't move on fully from T4 yet because I'm in the middle of an album project.
Win10 Pro 64, Clevo P750DM3, i7-7700, 32GB, nVidia GTX1060, 500GB/500GB/1TB SSD, PreSonus Quantum 2 Thunderbolt, Waveform 10

audiobot202 wrote:I had a Mackie account and tried to log into the new T site with the old details. The password didn't work so I did a password reset, which I received via email.

I saw only my T1 info there (but not T2 or T3) and decided to upgrade to T4 today. I did that and the new upgrade license shows in my account.

When I launch T4 to input the key using my account details ...
almost the same here,(I can login with my old account details), my T2 +T3 licenses are missing,
and when I want to register it tells me it can't connect to the tracktion.com webserver ??????
Last edited by rsmus7 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiobot202 wrote:
pwal wrote:same - i had to reset my pw on the new website, which now all works, but the app doesn't recognise my account... grrrr
So, you get the same error as me when you go to input your account details for the unlock?
it would appear so...

Last night, I was able to log into the Tracktion site with my Mackie info and buy the upgrade.
Authorization went fine, AU plugin scan went fine!
OSX 10.6.8
I did notice my T2 license was not showing in my account, but my T1 license allowed the upgrade.
Thanks for fixing this.

Return to “Tracktion”