I figured out what's going wrong with registering T4

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I figured out what's going wrong with registering T4

Okay, so here's what I had to do....T4 is now registered.

I uninstalled all versions and started cleanly.

I went to Mackie's site and downloaded T2 (or do this with T3).
Then, I unlocked T2 with my OLD mackie login info, PW, etc.
The license number is the same on Makie and Tracktion, FWIW.

Then I installed T4 upgrade and unlocked it with the OLD Mackie info.

So, you have to unlock T4 with your old, Mackie user name AND Password.

I'm in business.....

....hope this helps!

-Madguitrst
The Madguitrst has left the building

Creepy. Feels like someone is sneaking up behind me.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Wait!

It unlocks but keeps going back to demo mode!

Notice T4 highlighted in the Taskbar.

HHHmmmm......I'm going to try something else......[/url]

Okay, so the fix was easy.....after unlocking T4, shut it down and re-start.

Yep, checked it 5 times, T4 license/unlock is fixed!

Still No luck for me, still p.i.t.a.

todd sweetland wrote:Still No luck for me, still p.i.t.a.
I got POOP on my Poop ovahear, nothin' i tellya'. :x :help:

Im wishing I had just bought it under my gmail address and started a new account for $59 instead of the upgrade . Who would've known ? Like a kid locked outside of the toy store .. :hihi:

Did you unlock under your user name and password from your Mackie account?
For some reason, it seems to be pointing back there....something with the database, I guess.

Also, I don't know that you have to uninstall a previous version and do a clean install of T2 or T3, but that's what I happened to do. Maybe that helps? If so, try using REVO Uninstaller, choose Advanced mode, and select all leftover entries and delete them. Make SURE to back up any of your projects, etc. first!

Hang in there, it will work out. :)

Maybe under Windows 7 or 8 you have to run as Admin at least for the first time, so it can modify the registry?

Just had a long call with the web dev - he estimates approximately 4-5 hours to complete his debugging plan - if that fails, we will be closing the accounts page and work on it offline. We will keep working till we get it fixed.

Thanks for the support and the patience.
Tracktion Software Corporation

Take your time to get it right. What's another 5 years or so. Oh, wait... :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

I just bought it and now I'm in the same situation. If I point registration at my old Mackie account it says "corrupt key file", but if I point it at my new TSC account it says that I don't have an account yet (which, of course, I do).

Oh well. :?

G

Im FINALLY HISS FREE ... I used my old mackie password and the serial # for T1 that was showing on my tracktion .com account instead of the serial # to T4 and Im in :bang: ... I dont know why this worked but it did ???

OK... when I went back to tracktion.com the new password that I had to create wasn't working. So, I logged in using my old Mackie password and it worked. I tried unlocking with the new T4 code and same errors, BUUUT...just like the poster above, I tried the T1 license key in my account with my old/new (??) Tracktion account password and it unlocked !!
Strange thing though, it's now registered under name details I had at the old Mackie site !!!!!!!!!
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Tried all the proposed solutions multiple times to no avail... I notice that they've re-reset the passwords again (I changed mine on the 24th, but just hours ago they reverted it). Stuff is definitely happening... Hope this gets resolved soon.

Return to “Tracktion”