Fade In/Out multiple clips simultaneously

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?
Play Skillfully with a Loud noise! ~Psalm 33:3

Slingshotwarrior wrote:I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?
I don't think you can. but you probably don't need to either.

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

b) if you need to fade a bunch of tracks at a specific point in the song, automation.

c) sub-busses. Route tracks to another track then you can apply a master level control to them again using automation curves.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:
Slingshotwarrior wrote:I cannot figure out how to create a fade in on all tracks at the same time. It seems to me you would be able to hold down the cntrol button while dragging one Fade in diagonal line so you could do the exact same thing on all tracks at one time. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? i am new to Tracktion, just got a new Mackie FX22 board w/ Tracktion 3 bundled with it. :?

Are you aware of:

a) the master fades? You can set a fade in/out for you entire edit - click the master level and look at the properties panel.

b) if you need to fade a bunch of tracks at a specific point in the song, automation.

c) sub-busses. Route tracks to another track then you can apply a master level control to them again using automation curves.
Okay, awesome--i will check all that out. I appreciate it greatly! 8)
Play Skillfully with a Loud noise! ~Psalm 33:3

Very good alternatives but improved audio editing should nonetheless go on the FR list.

Are you aware of:

I have been using Tracktion for around 6 years and never noticed that. I just did my fades on the record automation feature.
I tried the master fades and they dont seem to work. Am I missing something silly here?

Did you set the fade in/out ranges?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

0 on the fade in
2:27 on the fade out and nothin happening

No no no ...

You have to set the fade in value to the number of bars to fade in and the fade out value to the number of bars to fade out. The fade out will end where your last clip ends, if that makes any sense. Try it ;)
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I think it's in fitting with Tracktion's overall dynamic that if you adjust the fadein/out on one clip while having multiple clips highlighted it should adjust the fadein/out length for those other clips as well- just as it does with in/out points, volume, etc. Makes logical and intuitive sense.

metamorphosis wrote:I think it's in fitting with Tracktion's overall dynamic that if you adjust the fadein/out on one clip while having multiple clips highlighted it should adjust the fadein/out length for those other clips as well- just as it does with in/out points, volume, etc. Makes logical and intuitive sense.
agreed.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:

Are you aware of:

Reaper can fade multiple clips... just saying.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Tracktion”