Plugins that create space and depth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm always looking for ways to make dry or close miced mono sources sound like they're in front of you, to further back and to the side, to from behind in a convincing and distinctive way.

What are you favorite plugins to achieve these effects?
Last edited by markanini on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vengeance Stereo Bundle has everything you need.
Finally!

check out that freebie Proximity, from the DC 2012
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

cyphersuit wrote:Vengeance Stereo Bundle has everything you need.
I watched the official product video. The effects seemed to better suited for creating width rather than space and depth.
@midnight wrote:check out that freebie Proximity, from the DC 2012
I have, it's f-ing awesome!

doesn't perceived depth deal with volume and velocity?

Melda's Mstereoprocessor can sure open up some space:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/mstereo ... production

From DC12 there's also Space360: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/space360-by-cytosonic
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

sometimes i use tonebooster free TB EZQ & TB OmniSone in combination with other pugins or alone.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

To create this kind of effects people have used dummy heads with microphones attached to ears of this head. If I understand it correct is about different filtering of sounds if they are in front, back, up, down, or in side of you. I guess this kind of thing would be able to do with some kind of convolution effect? Or maybe two filters modelled after ears. Something like vowel filter but in this case made after cavities of ears.
I guess it would work well only if someone is listening with headphones. And I think it works best there is some movement in sound like the sound source is moving around you.

I have no idea if anyone has made this kind of plug-in.

edit. I have heard it does not work so good iwith everyone. If your ears are very different from dummys, you dont experience it as coming from different places around you. I guess you learn during your lifetime from where sound seems to be coming.
Signature blocked until 5000000 posts made.

Reverb :lol:

Reberb+filter+volume+panning

ferez21 wrote:Reberb+filter+volume+panning
To get perfect result two filters. One for left and one for right. For moving sound they had to be somehow synced or automated.

Or just save time and use 5.1.

OP asked for mono. I cant see any way to achieve this in mono. To make stereo width to mono source vengeance stereo bundle seems just right.
Signature blocked until 5000000 posts made.

vaisnava wrote:doesn't perceived depth deal with volume and velocity?
Good question. I'd love to know about mechanisms of depth preception.
Metanol wrote: For moving sound they had to be somehow synced or automated.
I'm talking about a static effects. Sorry about the confusion.

I just played around with a plugin pertaining to the topic, MStereogenerator. In a way it's a glorified reverb but it but as such it has a distinctive and unique sound that I can see myself using on stuff I want to keep center panned. The downside is that it can't be used as a send effect(wtf?).

Metanol wrote: Or just save time and use 5.1
Can you expand on that?
I know Meldaproduction plugins for example, can process 5.1 audio, but i never understood how can i use this feature in my music.

I'd just do it with the HAAS effect and some instances of Relab.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Xils-Lab ChorX maybe : Its a spatializer Chorus, but I know some people use it only for the spatializer side. Then you'll still have a wonderfull vintage chorus for free, or can combine both.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Effects”