T4 beta testers....

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After trying the new version, It's apparent that's it's not ready for prime-time at this point. I have issues right out the box. I tried recording a simple 2 bar drum loop using the built-in sampler and the timing of the recorded notes play back- way off time. I tried quantization as well as no Q.

When I tried reading the entire Eula (during installation) by scrolling down... it got stuck. when I tried closing it, I got the windows error beep constantly & had to use task manager to close it. Another issue is that T4 crashes when scanning plugins. I scanned the MDA plugs located in T2 and can't understand why it's crashing. I read at the Tracktion forum about major activation issues. I'm already losing interest.

I was hoping they updated some basic functions starting with the record behavior. I always found it irritating when you hit record after already recording some notes, that the sequence always restarts back to the beginning when loop recording. If you want to do manual punch recording... say in the middle of a sequence, it will go to the very beginning of the sequence the minute you hit record.

Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!

We wouldn't have it any other way. Tracktioneers love building together and helping Jules!

pc2000 wrote:After trying the new version,…
It would be helpful if you revealed your system specs…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

frankvg wrote:We wouldn't have it any other way. Tracktioneers love building together and helping Jules!
I agree. But on the other Hand Jules now needs to hurry to fix the most important bugs.
Lost in Music...

Trust the Chief

DELETED

pc2000 wrote: Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!
Reaper also did this.

Same with many hosts. I remember going for something like 9 months before there was a fix for a bug that made it impossible to play instruments in Studio One with my interface when it first came out.

Strange.. I'm using a MacBook with an unsupported OS. OS X 10.6.8, and everything loaded perfectly, all my plugins inc Melodyne are there.
The only issue I have is the occasional dropout/glitch which happens in the same place on the track, baffled.

I bought the new version because I was a big fan of windows version back then, when v1. gone for free, and this new version works solid on my 5 years old macbook, only automation of some plugins doesn't work as it should, like it is only working for a small range of possible values (0 to 1). I am now starting to test it and will see if there are some outstanding issues with any plugins that I have in my arsenal.

miquelmatas wrote:
pc2000 wrote: Right now, anyone using T4 is beta testing as far as I can see. Much more needs to be done before offering T4 to the masses!
Reaper also did this.
Reaper devs are quite open about it though, Tracktion should be open beta much like Reaper, I have had so many issues with closed beta software lately it is utter stupidity (Quite a lot of them i am a beta tester on myself)
Closed beta does not work no matter how much any dev wishes to ignore it.
There is a reason Reaper is known as the most stable host (No matter how much you love or hate it)
Duh

According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready. That's two months for Jules to familiarize himself with the code , port it to the latest JUCE version, rework the audio engine, and modernize the code style. Similarly I don't envy the web guys turnaround time on getting their product page up and ready to roll.

I'm sure TSC would have loved if the launch had been smooth sailing all around, but T4 as it is today is a matter of necessity.

The key difference is that we can all be reasonably confident that bugs will get fixed, and Tracktion will again sport T1 / T2.5 levels of stability.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready.
I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.
Hell yeah! :tu:
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

pough wrote:
valley wrote:According to Jules they had two months to get T4 ready.
I'll happily take a momentarily buggy T4 and website over Mackie's dusty shelf.
+1

Return to “Tracktion”