grymmjack wrote:Soundtoys plug-ins do not work at all. :(
Are they ilok2?
Yes. Do those not work in T4? :(

grymmjack wrote:
bk wrote:
Are they ilok2?
Some of my iLok plugs crashed scan also.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I'm planning on upgrading. Couple of questions for anyone that cares to comment. I'm working in t3 right now. Will I lose my project and all its settings by updating to t4?

Also, does T4 label the drum instruments automatically in MIDI? In other DAWS, I can easily see what is a snare and what is a ride or kick in the MIDI. Not so in T3.

I am not thrilled to hear that there are problems with ilok after bringing it back from the grave from a purchase of Flux Elixir.

Btw,grymmjack, might you have an arch nemesis named Ichigo? Just a shot in the dark from the name. If not, forget the weird comment.

grymmjack wrote:
bk wrote:
Are they ilok2?
It's looking like they are a problem for some, right now. I can't imagine they will be problematic for long. People won't use a host if their expensive plugs won't work with it. :hihi:

I'm sure Jules is/will be on it.

edit for accuracy.
Last edited by bk on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk wrote:People won't use a host if their expensive plugs won't work with it. :hihi:
Maybe they should start a new plugin format, a la, Reason..."It's the best, it's auuu-maaaay-zing, you can't live without it, anything else is trailerpark trash" Announcing the all new Tracktion TST plugin format. It saves, it undoes, it windows, and it's only available in the all new Tracktion 4 app store.

Surely they aren't so lame, though.

AC222 wrote:I'm planning on upgrading. Couple of questions for anyone that cares to comment. I'm working in t3 right now. Will I lose my project and all its settings by updating to t4?

Also, does T4 label the drum instruments automatically in MIDI? In other DAWS, I can easily see what is a snare and what is a ride or kick in the MIDI. Not so in T3.

I am not thrilled to hear that there are problems with ilok after bringing it back from the grave from a purchase of Flux Elixir.

Btw,grymmjack, might you have an arch nemesis named Ichigo? Just a shot in the dark from the name. If not, forget the weird comment.
Not sure what you mean, I don't know an Ichigo. :)

Checked the demo and I'm impressed. Tried it years back and didn't give it a chance for some reason.
The rack filter is one of the big selling points for me. Price is good, my poor ass'll have to wait but at least the demo works with a just a bit o' static.
Are there supposed to be demo songs, like "Fangobonus"? I'm guessing the quick start guide is referencing v3.
I'm sold, eventually!

So I logged into my old Mackie account - that worked.

I then went to the Tracktion site where it states that you can login with a Tracktion or Mackie account. Clearly this is wrong as I could NOT login in with the Mackie details.

And another thing, the web site keeps displaying a blank page with the word 'error'.

EDIT: had to create a new account, this doesn't recognize my serial numbers. Downloaded T4 demo, it crashes everytime I use the timestretch.

Help, I'm having a 'duuuhhhh' moment.

How do you set your plugins folder?

It says "Scanning and Sorting" and presumably looking across my millions and millions of seperate drives (which is not helpful, and it's been a few minutes already...), but I just want to set a folder for it to look in?

edit - uh... drag & drop seems to work. Though now I realise that all my 32bit plugins are out of date as I've been using 64bit Cubase for the last year or so. Will re-investigate Tracktion again later when 64bit demo is available.

fandango wrote:Help, I'm having a 'duuuhhhh' moment.

How do you set your plugins folder?

It says "Scanning and Sorting" and presumably looking across my millions and millions of seperate drives (which is not helpful, and it's been a few minutes already...), but I just want to set a folder for it to look in?
In the settings tab, for Plugins, click the dropdown menu and when you first scan it should prompt a dialog, there you can add plugin folders.

Ah, okay, thanks grymmjack. :)

Alas, all my 32bit stuff is out of date so I'll leave it for now.

Is it pretty safe to assume that more features/fixes will be coming in minor versions if we purchase?

I'm a fan of Tracktion, but things have come a long way since then, and I like the workflow, but it's like I stepped into a time machine. Nothing is really new in terms of features or functions and it's the same as T3 from what I can see. Seems as if the only changes are to bring it up to spec for modern operating systems and audio standards (which is great, just, I don't know not enough to make me upgrade again).

Is it safe to assume that this is more of a kickstarter approach to gauge interest for future work?

Is the program going to have a road map? What will the release schedule be?

It's REALLY competitive right now, not just for DAW but for time in my life, and though I loved Tracktion, since the evolution of other DAWs it's a bit of a mixed bag experience. Certain parts of the program just don't seem as nice as they were before. MIDI needs a drastic face-lift in terms of UI; that's completely fiddly. Which brings me to the one word I would use to describe the program in it's current state: fiddly.

I don't know if I can get back into this. Just being honest here. I used to get on with it because nothing else was better, but pretty much Renoise, Live, and StudioOne are all better experiences with much less "fiddly" to them.

I'll keep hoping and rooting for Tracktion, but I think it may be from the sidelines depending on the answers provided about release road map, schedule, etc.

I will say this: the keyboard shortcuts are still the best of any program I've ever used bar none. I'm just not a huge fan of some of the choices on the UI including the tiny fonts, poor color choices (that cannot be changed easily with the theme editor), and some of it's limitations compared to the current line of modern version DAWs.

Thanks for answering my questions in advance Tracktion team.

Also as an owner of T2->T3, there are many pieces of the program missing just downloading T4; should we install T3 first, and then install T4 on top?

Thanks,

To Mr. Grimmjow Jaggerjack,

I e-mailed Woody to inquire if there would be any issues of installing T4 with T3 active and he said he would loop in Julian to get back to me on this. If I hear back from him, I'll let you know. If for some reason I forget feel free to pm me. Thanks!

My initial tests of T4 on the Mac were going well, but I just noticed that my drum plugin "Nerve" is dropping the first beat on synced playback. Bummer, as that was a common problem before with some stuff. Hmmm, can't figure out why that would be an issue as it plays fine in Logic and MuLab? I hope Julian will take some note of some of these questions, as I'd like to see if I can set this up with my stuff again. And give it a whirl...

8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”