M-Audio Venom Analog Modeling Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mkdr wrote::wheee: :party:

Download the Beta/Demo installer from here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/880206/MKDR_Ve ... b_demo.exe
Excellent mkdr!!!
Yeah! I'm downloading right now testing in a couple hours.

+1 and :clap: :tu:

Bifop wrote:When I control the plugin (through a Nuendo miditrack) I don't get knobs movements, but the sound is edited on the Venom. I'll probably get a remote zero MKII with automap for Nuendo operation. I once tried one and it's so much easier for Host use !
So after you make a few tweaks does hitting request button on top of VenomEd update the parameters on the UI that you moved using Remote 25?

What about just the resonance, does that work in real time with the Remote 25?

I'll be downloading this in a little while to test also. A huge thanks to MKDR!!!

Sounds like a reasonable price for it too.

Interested to see how the multi's develop on this.

Incidentally for any that wonder how the Venom VA stacks up against a true analog, I just got my MiniBrute today and the MiniBrute is a whole lot of WOW, but the Venom can hold its own to my ears. The more I dig into Venom, the more I love it. The Venom filter's no zippering quality is really appreciated. Smooooooth action. Between these two synths I have now, my poor VST's are probably going to be neglected.

This editor will just make it that much more fun.

:D
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

mkdr- doing gods work. Thank you.
fade me out.

I'll have to pour through whatever read me's are available for it. It can never find a free midi port for it. I usually use Venom Synth In/Out, the default USB midi I/o devices, but will not find a free port on anything. Ableton Live 8.3. I'll re-read all latest posts and any info I can....the Editor looks flippin amazing though. I really hope I can work through whatever issue because it is super cool interface. Very nicely done MKDR!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I'll give it a try in Minihost to see if it comes up that way.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Could not get it working fully in Minihost either. Finally after several restarts was able to get venom synth in selected, but never venom synth out. Tried everything, but no go.

Gives message of device already in use None (when none is selected) then switching to Venom midi out which isn't actually connected by midi cable, it reverts back to none after saying device already in use Venom Midi Out, then back to device already in use None.

Acer aspire dual core i5, 8 GB RAM, win 7 home premium 64 bit
Last edited by Wormhelmet on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

breakmixer wrote: So after you make a few tweaks does hitting request button on top of VenomEd update the parameters on the UI that you moved using Remote 25?

What about just the resonance, does that work in real time with the Remote 25?
I'll try when I'll get back to the studio on monday. The only control I've seen moving so far, is the modulation knob.

Wormhelmet wrote:I'll have to pour through whatever read me's are available for it. It can never find a free midi port for it. I usually use Venom Synth In/Out, the default USB midi I/o devices, but will not find a free port on anything. Ableton Live 8.3. I'll re-read all latest posts and any info I can....the Editor looks flippin amazing though. I really hope I can work through whatever issue because it is super cool interface. Very nicely done MKDR!
I'm guessing your host is using the venom synth in, deactivate it so the venom'ed can use it. i had to do this in cubase...

^^^ yes, this... had to do the equivalent in Logic Express 8 for regular recording (no editor involved). it was all wonky sounding and bizarre until I did...

:dog: damn, should have been recording that. :? :hihi:

Oh, thanks! I'll try it! Hope it works. The editor sure looks great. That would explain why it doesn't work in Minihost too. I chose those for Minihost also.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:Oh, thanks! I'll try it! Hope it works. The editor sure looks great. That would explain why it doesn't work in Minihost too. I chose those for Minihost also.
Forget using venom midi in/out(this is just a midi interface for using other hardware), only use venom synth in/out

Haven't tried Live yet, but that immediately worked for Minihost. Thanks again!
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

breakmixer wrote:
Wormhelmet wrote:Oh, thanks! I'll try it! Hope it works. The editor sure looks great. That would explain why it doesn't work in Minihost too. I chose those for Minihost also.
Forget using venom midi in/out(this is just a midi interface for using other hardware), only use venom synth in/out
Yeah, I knew that. The venom midi in out corresponds with actual midi in out ports on the venom, where venom synth in out correspond to USB midi. For the editor, it appears you should not use the ports the editor is using in the application itself. That would be under Live's preferences.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”