What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What's up with Eiosis?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
406 posts since 15 Jan, 2009

Postby AudioGuy720; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 am

chokehold wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote:Don't get made because you purchased a 32-bit plugin and now want it to magically become 64-bit.

I'm not mad because I purchased a 32-bit plugin and now it doesn't magically become 64-bit because I want it to.

I didn't just download and read somewhere that "if you copy the x86 installer on a flash drive and put it under a growing light, it will mature to x64", but I paid for the promise that I will receive an x64 version.

I am mad because I PAID FOR a 32-bit plugin under the official promise that "there will be a 64-bit plugin" - yet there isn't one after all this time (not for OSX there isn't).

My own bloody fault, I guess.
"Never believe what is written on the Internet", they said.
That'll teach me.

There is no demo for SSD4.
It's a library, so not a big problem not having a demo.
I bought it anyway, everybody said it was so good.
It wasn't.

Could I sell it?
No, FFS, because Slate didn't allow SSD4 licenses to be transfered.

So instead I had to get AudioMIDI (from where I bought the license) to claim the money back from Slate and reimburse me.
You have NO IDEA what a mess that was. It took WEEKS to make this "you'll get your money back instead" come true. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who the Slate team let wait.

The last thing I wanted to know, whether or not I could sell my Trigger license, took them first about two weeks to answer, I replied the same day and it took them 8 more days to answer again.

Asking a total of $55 transfer fees for a product that costs $69 new is RIDICULOUS.
Especially if their work morale condones 8-day waiting periods for paying customers.
Not even the so-much-hated Waves do that.

I'm not sending any money in Slate's direction ever again, not even if they call it Eiosis instead.


Sorry man I had no idea they promised 64-bit support. If that's the case then I am RIGHT THERE with you. They need to live up to those promises and iron out bugs before releasing new products. But that seems like standard practice unfortunately for a lot of software companies.

And yeah, not being able to sell your software without license fees is in my opinion illegal and something we as consumers need to start contacting our lawmakers about. They've been pulling this crap in the videogame industry now for a bit by disabling certain elements of the game (mainly multiplayer support) for people who buy used copies.

Car dealers don't collect a fee from your used car sale. The previous home buyer doesn't collect a fee if you sell your home. And don't give me that "you're paying for a service" because oh hell no I already paid for the iLok. In fact companies who produce unprotected (dongle-less) software are in a worse position. Because you can sell your software and technically still use it, albeit illegally. At least with iLok you can't use it anymore once the license is transferred.

Once you transfer your license then you cease the ability to receive support from that company as well.

That's the argument that people are making anyway. That, "Oh once you sell your game the game companies have to support one more user on their servers." No actually they have one less user and then one new user because you aren't able to get on that game server anymore. And also whose fault is that that companies code games that HAVE TO run off official servers? It's all a greedy money grab and software buyers might want to band together and start contacting Congress (if you live in the USA).

Software companies can't have it both ways. I am a strict believer in copyright/intellectual property law and I hate music/software/book/movie piracy. But they can't have it both ways. If a data copy cannot be copied then we as buyers have a right to sell that copy without restriction. For all these reasons I refuse to buy digital downloads of music, TV, games, etc. Ever try to sell an mp3?
KVRist
 
77 posts since 30 Aug, 2012, from Sweden

Postby Daimonicon; Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:50 am

I wonder how much it will be for an upgrade of aireq? Too much and I wont.
KVRAF
 
18804 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:33 am

AudioGuy720 wrote:
chokehold wrote:
AudioGuy720 wrote:Don't get made because you purchased a 32-bit plugin and now want it to magically become 64-bit.

I'm not mad because I purchased a 32-bit plugin and now it doesn't magically become 64-bit because I want it to.

I didn't just download and read somewhere that "if you copy the x86 installer on a flash drive and put it under a growing light, it will mature to x64", but I paid for the promise that I will receive an x64 version.

I am mad because I PAID FOR a 32-bit plugin under the official promise that "there will be a 64-bit plugin" - yet there isn't one after all this time (not for OSX there isn't).

My own bloody fault, I guess.
"Never believe what is written on the Internet", they said.
That'll teach me.

There is no demo for SSD4.
It's a library, so not a big problem not having a demo.
I bought it anyway, everybody said it was so good.
It wasn't.

Could I sell it?
No, FFS, because Slate didn't allow SSD4 licenses to be transfered.

So instead I had to get AudioMIDI (from where I bought the license) to claim the money back from Slate and reimburse me.
You have NO IDEA what a mess that was. It took WEEKS to make this "you'll get your money back instead" come true. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who the Slate team let wait.

The last thing I wanted to know, whether or not I could sell my Trigger license, took them first about two weeks to answer, I replied the same day and it took them 8 more days to answer again.

Asking a total of $55 transfer fees for a product that costs $69 new is RIDICULOUS.
Especially if their work morale condones 8-day waiting periods for paying customers.
Not even the so-much-hated Waves do that.

I'm not sending any money in Slate's direction ever again, not even if they call it Eiosis instead.


Sorry man I had no idea they promised 64-bit support. If that's the case then I am RIGHT THERE with you. They need to live up to those promises and iron out bugs before releasing new products. But that seems like standard practice unfortunately for a lot of software companies.

And yeah, not being able to sell your software without license fees is in my opinion illegal and something we as consumers need to start contacting our lawmakers about. They've been pulling this crap in the videogame industry now for a bit by disabling certain elements of the game (mainly multiplayer support) for people who buy used copies.

Car dealers don't collect a fee from your used car sale. The previous home buyer doesn't collect a fee if you sell your home. And don't give me that "you're paying for a service" because oh hell no I already paid for the iLok. In fact companies who produce unprotected (dongle-less) software are in a worse position. Because you can sell your software and technically still use it, albeit illegally. At least with iLok you can't use it anymore once the license is transferred.

Once you transfer your license then you cease the ability to receive support from that company as well.

That's the argument that people are making anyway. That, "Oh once you sell your game the game companies have to support one more user on their servers." No actually they have one less user and then one new user because you aren't able to get on that game server anymore. And also whose fault is that that companies code games that HAVE TO run off official servers? It's all a greedy money grab and software buyers might want to band together and start contacting Congress (if you live in the USA).

Software companies can't have it both ways. I am a strict believer in copyright/intellectual property law and I hate music/software/book/movie piracy. But they can't have it both ways. If a data copy cannot be copied then we as buyers have a right to sell that copy without restriction. For all these reasons I refuse to buy digital downloads of music, TV, games, etc. Ever try to sell an mp3?


Amen
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF
 
18804 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:39 am

chokehold wrote:
Moonlight wrote:Whaaat? :shock: I use Trigger x64 since it's released.

AU/OSX?
Download link please.

AudioGuy720 wrote:Don't get made because you purchased a 32-bit plugin and now want it to magically become 64-bit.

I'm not mad because I purchased a 32-bit plugin and now it doesn't magically become 64-bit because I want it to.

I didn't just download and read somewhere that "if you copy the x86 installer on a flash drive and put it under a growing light, it will mature to x64", but I paid for the promise that I will receive an x64 version.

I am mad because I PAID FOR a 32-bit plugin under the official promise that "there will be a 64-bit plugin" - yet there isn't one after all this time (not for OSX there isn't).

My own bloody fault, I guess.
"Never believe what is written on the Internet", they said.
That'll teach me.

There is no demo for SSD4.
It's a library, so not a big problem not having a demo.
I bought it anyway, everybody said it was so good.
It wasn't.

Could I sell it?
No, FFS, because Slate didn't allow SSD4 licenses to be transfered.

So instead I had to get AudioMIDI (from where I bought the license) to claim the money back from Slate and reimburse me.
You have NO IDEA what a mess that was. It took WEEKS to make this "you'll get your money back instead" come true. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who the Slate team let wait.

The last thing I wanted to know, whether or not I could sell my Trigger license, took them first about two weeks to answer, I replied the same day and it took them 8 more days to answer again.

Asking a total of $55 transfer fees for a product that costs $69 new is RIDICULOUS.
Especially if their work morale condones 8-day waiting periods for paying customers.
Not even the so-much-hated Waves do that.

I'm not sending any money in Slate's direction ever again, not even if they call it Eiosis instead.


Waves have always answered my queries by 12-24 hrs, and in RARE cases it has gone to 48, but i mean rare. Waves honestly have superb support, and have ZERO transfer fees for any single plugins, it's only bundles over $700 value that have fees. Granted they are high, but heck, i like waves, they have always done right by me.

Yeah no trigger 64 is weird and i have wanted a DRP for ages and that's the one people rave about and every time i go to the website it's still mac 32. I have no issue buying from slate if i have thoroughly demoed the plug in and know in advance is transfer fees are horrendous (as you say).

Because of this

I will and suggest all others to follow suit:

ONLY EVER and i mean EVER buy slate plugins on SALE. I got BOTH VTM and VCC for $135, not EACH, the BUNDLE total.. so that's less than $75 each. They have regular sales and if you really HAVE to have air eq before you know it will have an audio deluxe sale for $99 for the standard version and $149 for the pro. Do not i repeat do not pay $350 for this no matter what.

At the end of your post chokehold you mention you would not buy even if it was eiosis brand if it was from slate.. i don't think you realise eiosis are no better and now with slate at least there is "some" support possible and communication.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRist
 
137 posts since 8 May, 2010, from US-Washington

Postby musicdoc; Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Good post audioguy.

With the fx-g I remember it being good music that had some crunch to it. My problem was that when you had like a transparent mix like a ballad style song it could put a bit of distortion in any random place in the song. I always had to listen to the whole thing to make sure it hadn't put a click of distortion somewhere. I heard plenty of users say mess with this or that setting, but I always had to double check which just was a work flow killer. So, happy fabfilter user here.

As for Slate support, c'mon guys, it's always been this way. Great for a week, terrible for the next two. Kind of hit and miss. Just factor that in the purchase and try not to be the first one buying a newly released slate product unless you have time on your hands:)

Still a happy user of slate drums.

As for a $350 software eq? That would have to be super extraordinarily special. Especially coming from a company that was AWOL for quite a while.
KVRer
 
1 post since 22 Apr, 2011

Postby diggo; Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:55 am

I've pretty much given up on Slate.
After waiting for more than a 16 months for fixes to their development framework, I'm no longer amenable to their delaying tactic of making every complaining customer into what they loosely call a "beta tester" in order to make the customer feel something, anything is actually happening.
VCC still has major bugs and my support ticket (related to those bugs) has been open since 19 Oct 2011. VTM has a showstopper "white screen" bug which has existed since release, with my VTM ticket being open since July 2012. These bugs were/are related to the dev framework (Juce?) used by Slate/Fabrice and despite many promises of fixes "soon", nothing has emerged. It's scandalous, really.

I had long email discussions with Fabrice (which were usually cc'd to Steven and Anthony) and I really tried to empathise with their perspective, but I have regretfully concluded they are more style than substance in the areas that really matter.

Sean
User avatar
KVRian
 
1148 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:49 am

Slate does great stuff no bug with any plug apart from FG-X.
Tried reporting the bug to them over a year ago then again a few months ago but it's impossible you are met with third party support.
If you report bugs on Slates own forum nobody gets a reply I don't think the devs are aware the web designer put a forum on their own website.

Their online support which spends days telling you diferent ways of reinstalling Ilok even though it's not related to the bug. They even ask you for remote access to your computer before they tell you want they want to do which there is no way in hell.

The bug I have is reported in other forums where if you have a few kontakt tracks in your mix, FG-X will crash it soon as you try to put it on a track.
I've got an i7 3.6Ghz 12 GB Ram 64bit OS, 64bit DAW. 64bit plugs.

I only wanted them to be aware of the bug so one day they might fix it but I was told theirs no bug with FG-X it's my computer not powerful enough and the work around is to not use it with a mix but on its own with a final render file. Yea ok but I'm reporting a bug all I want is ok thanks for reporting it we are aware of it and might fix it.
User avatar
KVRian
 
1148 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Daimonicon wrote:I wonder how much it will be for an upgrade of aireq? Too much and I wont.

Free to standard version of the new Air EQ according to someone called Fabrice :)
User avatar
KVRAF
 
19362 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada
 

Postby bduffy; Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Kaboom75 wrote:
Daimonicon wrote:I wonder how much it will be for an upgrade of aireq? Too much and I wont.

Free to standard version of the new Air EQ according to someone called Fabrice :)

f**king COOL, thanks!
Image
KVRist
 
77 posts since 30 Aug, 2012, from Sweden

Postby Daimonicon; Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 am

Kaboom75 wrote:
Daimonicon wrote:I wonder how much it will be for an upgrade of aireq? Too much and I wont.

Free to standard version of the new Air EQ according to someone called Fabrice :)

:love: Now I'm impatient. When will it be released? When will it be released? :hihi:
User avatar
KVRAF
 
19362 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada
 

Postby bduffy; Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 am

Yeah, pretty stoked now! Luckily, I switched back to 32-bit, so I can still use AirEQ in the meantime. A real VST classic, that one.
Image
User avatar
KVRian
 
1148 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Keep your eye on this thread Fabrice posts on their forums every few weeks http://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-prod ... nalog.html
User avatar
KVRian
 
1148 posts since 4 Sep, 2011, from England

Postby Kaboom75; Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Just read on some forums that even though current AirEQ owners will get upgraded to standard version of the new AirEQ for free it will require an ilok 2.

The standard version is missing some features of the premium version.
Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
19362 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada
 

Postby bduffy; Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:06 am

Kaboom75 wrote:Just read on some forums that even though current AirEQ owners will get upgraded to standard version of the new AirEQ for free it will require an ilok 2.

The standard version is missing some features of the premium version.
Image

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm a little surprised, for such an expensive EQ in a crowded market, that he's split it into basic and premium versions. I mean, how much is that going to cost? AirEQ was already €180! :o
Image
KVRian
 
743 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 am

Could it be that Steven and Fabrice have spread themselves a little thin by coming out with too many products? It seems like they haven't been paying enough attention to their legacy software and are now reaping the results by way of a slight backlash. Also aggravated by Fabrice/Eiosis reappearing as if the company had never existed before and polarizing those of us who invested in his older software by not mentioning anything about legacy products.
I have all the Slate software (VCC?VTM/TRIGGER?FG-X/SSD4/SSD EX/CLA Drums as well as Transienter (which is very cool and could definitely do with an update).... I like them all but am a little concerned at the way both companies seem to be doing business right now... as there seems to be more defensive replies to criticism than straight talk at the moment, it would be nice to have a clear statement with regards to older software like the Transienter or did I miss it? In Steven's defense with regards to the FG-X. He has stated time and again that if anyone is having problems with distortion or any strange artifacts that he would be more than willing to help by analyzing the tracks and then recommend solutions and tips for the right settings. Can't be fairer than that...
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects