BR: Tracktion 4 Key Error

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I upgraded yesterday. I, too, get the error message that my license is not valid or assigned to another user.

Perhaps part of the problem is that I could not originally log in to the T4 site (because not all of the Mackie accounts had been transferred over yet) and the T4 site asked me if I wanted to reset my password.

I did reset and was able to log in and do the upgrade. All of my previous licenses were then visible on the T4 site. But, the unlock process wants the login ID, the password and the license key. I am led to believe that all three are current as evidenced by the account page on T4. Don't know if any of this helps in tracking down the issue.

bborzell wrote:I upgraded yesterday. I, too, get the error message that my license is not valid or assigned to another user.

Perhaps part of the problem is that I could not originally log in to the T4 site (because not all of the Mackie accounts had been transferred over yet) and the T4 site asked me if I wanted to reset my password.

I did reset and was able to log in and do the upgrade. All of my previous licenses were then visible on the T4 site. But, the unlock process wants the login ID, the password and the license key. I am led to believe that all three are current as evidenced by the account page on T4. Don't know if any of this helps in tracking down the issue.

This is exactly the same scenario I'm experiencing

Would it be possible to just re-generate a new license Key and post that to our Tracktion account?

Hey guys - our web guy is onto a fix - he is going to be testing for the next few hours and rolling out later today. The root cause is conflicts in the database that came over from Loud - multiples of accounts etc.

We greatly appreciate your support and patience - we will get there!

Many thanks

W.
Tracktion Software Corporation

I was so happy to use my brand new licence bought this morning.
But, nope, still buggy for me :(

At least it runs :)

Rock wrote:Try unlocking the T4 app try using your old password (if you created a new one for the tracktion.com site).
Rock.......you Rock :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Rock wrote:Try unlocking the T4 app try using your old password (if you created a new one for the tracktion.com site).
I assume that means that the old password worked. It did not work for me.

bborzell wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Nor I.....

Not working for me either :(

Old Mackie password didn't work, so I had to do a password reset at the new T4 site. I then upgraded, but telling me a license error and that I don't have a T4 account??

Even tried the old Mackie password and no luck.

Emailed Woody, so hoping it will get sorted.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

bborzell wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Indeed :D
Amazon: why not use an alternative

TSC wrote:Hey guys - our web guy is onto a fix - he is going to be testing for the next few hours and rolling out later today. The root cause is conflicts in the database that came over from Loud - multiples of accounts etc.

We greatly appreciate your support and patience - we will get there!

Many thanks

W.
Hey Woody, Like others got this to work with old password. Up and running on my desktop but then ran into issues with plugin scan crashing T4 again and again on plugs that I know are safe. So I thought I'd install on laptop to test T4 there. BUT I cant unlock T4 on the lappy - get a message about corrupt key. Is this a known error or am I only allowed to install on one machine? T1-3 allowed two machine installs.

Cheers.
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

I've got the same license issue, had to reset my password before buying, and get the sorry you do not seem to have a tracktion account yet. Dunno what my old mackie password was, apparently.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I was getting the errors saying wrong username or pw etc, but today a new error when trying to unlock:

Tracktion Unlocking Invalid or corrupted key-file.

This was using my old mackie pw...

Make sure that you can log on to Mackie's website and can see your license for your version of Tracktion - it will be the same as you see on Tacktion's website for your OLDER version.

Then, simply use your old log-in name and password to unlock Tracktion.
It works.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=371794

I unlocked T2 with my OLD mackie login info, PW, etc.
The license number is the same on Makie and Tracktion, FWIW.

Then I installed T4 upgrade and unlocked it with the OLD Mackie info.

So, you have to unlock T4 with your old, Mackie user name AND Password.

I'm in business.....

....hope this helps!

-Madguitrst
The Madguitrst has left the building

Madguitrst wrote:Then, simply use your old log-in name and password to unlock Tracktion.
I did try that but got:

Nick

Return to “Tracktion”