Diversion for MacOS released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

sches wrote:Thanks Urs a lot, it is very important for me.

Sure Piet, I just have fixed the crash, I'll check the WAVs you mentioned and post the update today, or max tomorrow.
Thanks for the quick support. :)

Thanks guys for your feedback.

I just have updated installers and zip-files for Windows on the website. This is a quick fix for a crash, which occurs in any host on Windows when reopening plugin window. Sorry for the bug, it is a porting-to-Mac effect. The crash isn't related to Mac, so no update required there. Thanks WhySoLazy for speedy letting me know.

Piet, I'll be checking the WAVs tomorrow and release the update very soon.

BDeep wrote:Oh, for anybody wondering, both VST and AU are 64 bit. Dmitry, you might want to mention that on your site, as for some it's definitely a selling point. :)
Oh yes, just updated the head and website, both x86 and x64 versions present. Thanks!
Last edited by sches on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nice to get my hands on this finally.

One thing that I really like is the sounds have a very alive and dynamic stereo presence - how is that achieved?

hmm can't seem to find the fx version?

Also if I set oversampling to 8 it changes back to 2 again on the next preset which is a bit annoying, anyway to make it stick?

One more thing, automation learn in Kore 2 is only detecting the X of the main morph XY (param 310) - the Y is not learnable.

aMUSEd wrote:hmm can't seem to find the fx version?
it was available with Computer Music, but pc only.
"It dreamed itself along"

Getting some major graphics glitches on my system.

mellotronaut wrote:
it was available with Computer Music, but pc only.
Oh I assumed there was also an fx version for buyers. Would be nice.

aMUSEd wrote:One thing that I really like is the sounds have a very alive and dynamic stereo presence - how is that achieved?
It is enough interesting. Actually OSCs produce stereo output, which is processed then by stereo bus. So even without FXs we can make here a wide stereo by applying lots of modulations to PANs and parameters of stereo-modules. For example, you could turn off FX for any ATMO preset and listen to it; the sound is widely walking over stereo field.
Yes, now there is only CM-version of it, but definitely will think out something here.
aMUSEd wrote:Also if I set oversampling to 8 it changes back to 2 again on the next preset which is a bit annoying, anyway to make it stick?
Unfortunately, there is no way to do that. Oversampling is a part of preset settings.

Also I'm not sure about Kore, but probably I should check and fix it... And I'll check the glitch you have found.

Thanks for your feedback.

great to have the plug ported on mac !

sches when clicking on menu it crashes in logic

Great, will be checking it out asap!

Congrats sches, I've been salivating over an OSX version since Diversion came out - following Diversion threads like a kid who can only ever look through the window at a candy shop :P

sches wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:One thing that I really like is the sounds have a very alive and dynamic stereo presence - how is that achieved?
It is enough interesting. Actually OSCs produce stereo output, which is processed then by stereo bus. So even without FXs we can make here a wide stereo by applying lots of modulations to PANs and parameters of stereo-modules. For example, you could turn off FX for any ATMO preset and listen to it; the sound is widely walking over stereo field.
It is indeed, feels very alive and 3 dimensional.

Brilliant synth, great concept, very deep!

I just had this crash in Logic, the sound just stopped and then it crashed:

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834120b6 __kill + 10
1 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834b2997 __abort + 103
2 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834b2a05 abort_report_np + 0
3 com.apple.logic.pro 0x00000001003b3226 std::_Rb_tree<short, std::pair<short const, CGRect>, std::_Select1st<std::pair<short const, CGRect> >, std::less<short>, std::allocator<std::pair<short const, CGRect> > >::_M_erase(std::_Rb_tree_node<std::pair<short const, CGRect> >*) + 98486
4 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff834241ba _sigtramp + 26
5 ??? 0x00007fff5fbfe970 0 + 140734799800688
6 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff885a2bb8 __CFRunLoopRun + 6488
7 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x00007fff885a0d8f CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 575
8 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff882837ee RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 333
9 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff882835f3 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 310
10 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x00007fff882834ac BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInMode + 59
11 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff82444eb2 _DPSNextEvent + 708
12 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff82444801 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 155
13 com.apple.AppKit 0x00007fff8240a68f -[NSApplication run] + 395
14 com.apple.prokit 0x000000010120d04b NSProApplicationMain + 267
15 com.apple.logic.pro 0x000000010002aa58 DummyConnection::DummyConnection() + 86

As there is nothing in the manual about it and I can't find any destination parameters in the Modmatrix, my question is:
Is there a way to modulate the parameters in the Wavetable section like Comb/Vowel/Drive/Multiply/Bit?
Hopefully there is...

Return to “Instruments”