Unable to Post on Tracktion.com User Forum.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm a registered user and am unable to post onto the Trackion.com Forum.

Any ideas?

Same here :(
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

I am also a registered user of T2, T3
I can"t post on the forum either, there is no reply to post button visible
i am wondering do you have to purchase a T4 license to post on the Tracktion users forum?
I am only given the option to buy T4 for $59 and not the upgrade price of $29. :D
i found you can hide your email on the tracktion users forum by making sure you are logged into tracktion website , then you select create new account. you will then see a page with 3 options ; dashboard, profile or log out.
select profile and you can select a nickname or display name publicly as.
here you can select a new name

Not here. I'm logged in to the Forum, and not only can I not post anything, I can't edit my profile at all - the top of the screen says "Edit Member Profile" but there's nothing to edit - underneath is just the forum topics.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:Not here. I'm logged in to the Forum, and not only can I not post anything, I can't edit my profile at all - the top of the screen says "Edit Member Profile" but there's nothing to edit - underneath is just the forum topics.
for me the profile on the forum does nothing as well. I was meaning tracktion.com. Make sure you are logged in then Select tabs. Login, register, create new account, profile , nickname etc :D

I tried a new account, it won't let me change my user name which is my email. Will leave it for now.

I wish they'd used a "Simple Machines' forum instead, more user friendly, easier to look at, and free..

http://www.simplemachines.org/

Theblumonk wrote:
mcnelson wrote:Not here. I'm logged in to the Forum, and not only can I not post anything, I can't edit my profile at all - the top of the screen says "Edit Member Profile" but there's nothing to edit - underneath is just the forum topics.
for me the profile on the forum does nothing as well. I was meaning tracktion.com. Make sure you are logged in then Select tabs. Login, register, create new account, profile , nickname etc :D
I can confirm that this does work. It's a little convoluted, but once you're in to your profile, add a nickname, and then change the "display me as" box to read your nickname. You might have to add the nickname, save your profile, and then change how you want it displayed.

I'm now shown as "bk" on that forum as well.

I cant replay or post either. No damn button to do so :) I tried Google Chrome and IE. Hurry up and wait I guess :) Was hoping to record some stuff, but not with the demo hiss going on.

bk wrote:It's a little convoluted, but once you're in to your profile, add a nickname, and then change the "display me as" box to read your nickname. You might have to add the nickname, save your profile, and then change how you want it displayed.
Ah, there's the rub - can't get into the profile for editing. Click the Profile button, server grinds away and returns this URL: http://www.tracktion.com/support/forum/profile - but that page is nearly the same as http://www.tracktion.com/support/forum/ - displays forum, but no profile editing form.

Might be a browser bug, but the same behavior in Chrome and Waterfox. The good news is that Jules can't seem to edit his account either, as his user name is his email address too. That or he's a little busy tweaking some other stuff.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Theblumonk wrote: for me the profile on the forum does nothing as well. I was meaning tracktion.com. Make sure you are logged in then Select tabs. Login, register, create new account, profile , nickname etc :D
Thanks a lot for this tip!
It worked for me too :)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Theblumonk wrote: for me the profile on the forum does nothing as well. I was meaning tracktion.com. Make sure you are logged in then Select tabs. Login, register, create new account, profile , nickname etc :D
Are you saying that on the forum you have to create a 'NEW' account even if you already have an account in the 'My Account' section of the site? That seems crazy to me.

mandolarian wrote:
Are you saying that on the forum you have to create a 'NEW' account even if you already have an account in the 'My Account' section of the site? That seems crazy to me.
Yeah me too, especially as Mackie seem to already have gifted us all two accounts. :?

This just seems like masochism to me.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Maybe they should have selected a 'Leather and Whips' WP theme - it would make more sense. :hihi:

mandolarian wrote:
No you just have to be logged in and go through the steps I suggested to get to the profile page. You.wont be trying to create another account , you are just trying to access your profile . Your desired nickname will be changed after this when you go back to the tracktion forum page :D

OK, so the trick to the above is that create new account doesn't actually create a new account.

To reiterate then:

go to tracktion.com

then, from the login drop down menu, select register

you'll see a page with an option to create new account, or download software.

choose create new account (this seems to be for word press only)

update the profile stuff.

set your display style to your name or your nick.

done!
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Return to “Tracktion”