BR: T4 Midi timing offset issue

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just recorded a short midi thing using a keyboard controller and a softsynth. when playing it in, it sounded fine, and close to "in time". When played back, it was horrendously off. I had to offset around 400 ticks to get it to play in time with the other stuff (midi drum pattern dragged in from Superior Drummer).

I tried the same thing in T3, and it worked like it always has: perfectly in time. Seems like I must be missing something. Any ideas?

winXP 32 bit.

Tried in Reaper 4. It worked fine. Went back and tried it again in T4 and it worked fine too! WTF. It failed on 2 different tracks with two different synths before. Nothing changed. :nutter:

I'm getting this also. PLaying a drumbeat on the keyboard to the click. It's fine when recording but on playback, it's all desynced.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wasn't imagining it, but can't recreate it at the moment. The notes were played in "on the beat", and sounded that way while recording, but the midi notes shown in the clip after recording were shifted late around 400 ticks.

Yep same here again! I can reproduce this all the time.

I've also put a quarter note kick on on the grid and I've overdubbed the upbeats on the hh. Same thing again.

Haven't tried with audio yet.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Same here , ezdrummer , i even went back and turned metronome on and recorded straight quarter notes to the click and it was way off .

todd sweetland wrote:Same here , ezdrummer , i even went back and turned metronome on and recorded straight quarter notes to the click and it was way off .
have you set a "quantise" value to your midi in device ?

0 quantize value but whats weird its default setting underneath says 100% I even set that to zero too , never had this problem with the T1 T2 or T3 ....

Temporary FIXED the PROBLEM :
1. go to " settings "
2. then to MIDI i/o
3. look at the middle of the screen 3 quarters way to the bottom, SEE...
(o) use MIDI driver for MIDI timing
^ unclick that circle so its not filled or marked
( ) use MIDI driver for MIDI timing
So it was just a bad default setting . I had the same problem as the OP timing was right but playback wasn't , this fixed it . Might want to send this fix to JULES .....
Last edited by fedexnman on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh , I was using a m-audio trigger finger 4x4 pad controller .

OK, I've passed this on to Jules.

Disabling this setting should probably be considered a temporary fix only, 'cos in principal you should get better timing from the MIDI driver.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

valley wrote:OK, I've passed this on to Jules.

Disabling this setting should probably be considered a temporary fix only, 'cos in principal you should get better timing from the MIDI driver.
Yeah, I always thought the midi driver should control this.

I'm off to test this again. I'll report back.

Return to “Tracktion”