Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

TheoM wrote:
@Phil, the 32 bit seems better here.. which is weird as with logic it's usually the other way around.
Ok ill look in to the 64bit see why it might be using more CPU.

Just wanted to say thank you. :-) This is a phenomenal update, more than what I was expecting and really raised my interest in using it more often. :)

philterino wrote:
IrionDaRonin wrote:A little dark clubbin demo i made in no time.

Irion Da Ronin - 4N415 [DEMO]

This synth is getting bigger and better. No doubt.

Have a nice day :)
Are all the synths ANA? sound great.
Everything except drums hits, which are free samples.
All the rest is 100% ANA. Thanks for listening.

This synth has came up into my 5 favourites with this last update to make EDM Music.

Have a good day and keep up the good work. :)

I'm using Renoise with A.N.A. 1.5 and I can't seem to type in category names. I tried both with and without Renoise's "Enable Keyboard" box ticked. Anybody else having this problem? Kind of prevents the creation of new categories.

You can create categorys manualy by just creating folders in C:/program data/sonic academy/A.N.A/presets

This is a hidden folder so you will need to enable show hidden files and folders in windows

I miss a "copy/paste" for oscillator settings?

philterino wrote:You can create categorys manualy by just creating folders in C:/program data/sonic academy/A.N.A/presets

This is a hidden folder so you will need to enable show hidden files and folders in windows
Thanks. On a Mac it looks like the folder is:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/A.N.A./Presets/Factory

Edit: Or I'm guessing you can make a new bank by making a new folder inside of the Presets folder.

Yeah exactly... will pick up banks and category folders on a re-launch of the plugin.

There absolutely MUST be a category in a bank or it will crash.

ANA 1.5 rocks!
No issues here with CPU usage on Mac with Core i7 2.3. Seems to require about the same as my other VAs.

*edit
Actually I spoke too soon.

I noticed my CPU was showing an unusual level of activity with nothing playing. I removed all plugin instances and re-introduced ANA and the CPU load went back to zero. Then after playing one note on ANA the activity returned and remains constantly. CPU meter is dancing around with nothing playing. Seems to be related to the reverb, once I turned reverb off CPU activity dropped to negligible. Have posted this on Sonic Academy Forum.

Ok, my small idea with 9x Ana 1.5 (+drums and some FX are not from Ana but no other synth are used). Oldschool EDM :P

Frank Arnold - Anachrony.mp3

Forget the screenshot for the small idea above...

Last edited by 4damind on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds great! Reminds me of some of the stuff off the old Renaissance compilations.

The new waveforms and hq mode for the filters sounding really nice

Without reading all the pages of this thread...is there a manual somewhere? I got the demo today but couldn't find it anywhere.

We are working on a PDF manual.. should be available soon.

We have a 2 hour sound design walkthrough here with tons of info on how it all works.

Return to “Instruments”