Were you ever turned off by a synth that visually carters to a specific style/genre?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote:OK, so not really a genre per se, but I'm turned off by synths like Poly Ana that try too hard to look "vintage", but just end up looking tacky/cartoonish instead.
Like that shirt with the floor sweeper shoulder pads?..... too much goin on, "busy" :shock:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Blade is horrible. Every single preset on there was a wobble and not even any decent ones. No thanks Mr Papen.

yes

Blade, Little Phatty (the name, not the synth), and Subboombass. The unholy trinity of bad image. If I ever got a Little Phatty I'd probably put a sticker over the name and call it something else. Also, Sub Phatty o_O. WTF? Imagination, hello?!

There's something about the name Subboombass which is awkward and makes me imagine Rowan Atkinson doing his "boB" voice emphasizing all the "b"s :hihi: (Go on, try it!)

Cyclop is a synth I was determined to hate due to the advertising material but I found it actually really fun and deep, with a refreshingly new GUI.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

little phatty is a good lookin synth, but the name invokes imagas of chubby little kids not an analog synth. and blade has nice artwork but looks like a WOW RPG interface instead of a synthesizer. :hihi:

Diva
i hate the term , and also i hate being associated to anything to do with luxury, or anything overly pretentious etc..

but it didn't stop me buying it. and it's my favourite softsynth...but i erased Diva from the GUI and personalized it to look more geeky and humble.

skinnable GUIs are a big plus for sure.

olikana wrote: skinnable GUIs are a big plus for sure.
+1,

Diva, lol... shoulda named it Cher or Madonna or hey, how bout Charo, while they were at it :hihi:

uhe has some winners... like zebra? how bout pony? or chicken?

tyrell sounds like a charater from that 80's sitcom good times :dog:

layzer wrote:
olikana wrote: skinnable GUIs are a big plus for sure.
+1,

Diva, lol... shoulda named it Cher or Madonna or hey, how bout Charo, while they were at it :hihi:

uhe has some winners... like zebra? how bout pony? or chicken?

tyrell sounds like a charater from that 80's sitcom good times :dog:
Tyrell and Nexus 6 are a nod to Blade Runner, I actually think that's real cool!

Blade Runner is on the list of things that dislike of causes distrust in me.

I *think* I worded that right.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:Blade Runner is on the list of things that dislike of causes distrust in me.

I *think* I worded that right.
Still not worded "right" enough for me to understand what you're saying :hihi:

layzer wrote: tyrell sounds like a charater from that 80's sitcom good times :dog:
Tyrell is an awesome name, and Good Times started in the 70's damn it! get it together man! :hihi: Give the brother some love.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”