NAMM 2013 thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Telenator wrote:Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own
Aside from tradeshow demos, do you really think people don't make their own loops in ableton?
The Telenator wrote:It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.
With clips and loops you can compose classical, orchestral, rock, blues.. you name it. Most people use "real instruments" like synths, keyboards, guitars, etc. to create clips.
What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.
How much pop music is produced in ableton?
You sound a little out of touch 'pop'. :lol:
I run a netlabel http://oligopolistrecords.bandcamp.com
Free chill, hip-hop, lo-fi, ambient, experimental, for you! (Send me demos too!)

The Telenator wrote:How many more ridiculously overpriced hardware synths do we need? How many more $400 controllers with coloured rubber pads all over them do we need?
Much more! We want more! More I say!

The Telenator wrote:It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again.

It's like using one of those power chairs to get around when you're not even remotely handicapped. What a useless generation of 'musicians' all this stupid technology has produced with it. Learn to play a real instrument, instead of fiddling about with toys all day long. What a disgrace the state of pop music is these days.

A keyboard on a synth is still a keyboard :uhuhuh:

Also you can't just use these "toys" to make your music for you. You still have to learn how to use them together.
:borg:

why the bitwig silence :(
:hug:

Vertti wrote:Anything new from Spectrasonics?
That's what I was hoping for most.

:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:why the bitwig silence :(
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2013/01/ ... wig-video/

Well, I have just noticed that the video is already all around. :hihi:

danbroad wrote:Ms20 mini. Amazing, not just because of what it is, but of what it means. A fully analogue synth from one of the so-called big 3.... Moog are on form too.
I thought there would be big rave about the USB connectivity
Amazon: why not use an alternative

why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)
i dont see why anyone would rave about it, its just a midi in

The Telenator wrote:...Sitting around, playing with these toys, playing and using other people's sound clip and loops because you're too lazy to produce your own, pressing little pink and green rubber pads all day is basically just masturbation. It's getting so far removed from making actual original music and composing real songs that we really ought to chuck all of this and start all over again. ....
You sure you went to the right trade show?

Sounds like you made a wrong turn and ended up at Toy-R-Us.

:cry:

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)
yeah.. you'd get more control w/a kenton prosolo or pro2000 since you can route CCs to the aux CV outs on the kentons.

but having simple midi connection for triggering notes is a nice thing to have... simple as it is.

vurt wrote:and anyway, whats so bad about masturbation? many people enjoy a good wank.
And it's better than bad sex. :hihi:

So is it over already?

dayjob wrote:
Muzik 4 Machines wrote:why, it's ONLY for note ons (no cc, no pitch bend, no nothing)
yeah.. you'd get more control w/a kenton prosolo or pro2000 since you can route CCs to the aux CV outs on the kentons.

but having simple midi connection for triggering notes is a nice thing to have... simple as it is.
i didnt say it was not nice, i just said its normal nobody raves about a usb port on a synth in 2013, especially when its just a glorified midi in

Muzik 4 Machines wrote:
dayjob wrote:

i didnt say it was not nice, i just said its normal nobody raves about a usb port on a synth in 2013, especially when its just a glorified midi in
true. i was just saying that it is a nice thing to have a midi in on an analogue synth. that's all. wasn't saying you said it was or wasn't nice. :wink:

and i was more or less agreeing w/you that it's not a big deal since it only sends note pitch and triggers the envelope

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”