Basic ROMpler / sampler for synth sounds

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seek a basic ROMpler / sampler that covers a range of synth sounds but w/o the masses of parameters! I love synths but I spend too long synthesizing sounds & not composing music! I don't need soundbanks because they tend to be messy...I prefer clean, minimal sound synthesis! Really I need a ROMpler that is single channel, no parameters (cutoff, res, env at most), no effects... Just loads of synth sounds ready to go! I have Nexus...too many parameters...too many effects...not needed! I thought I might have to look for some sample CDs for synth sounds then load them to a sampler but they tend to be one sample mapped across all keys... That's okay for long basses but not good for enveloped sounds! Any ideas?

If you look at the collapsed GUI for Tone 2 Gladiator...that's what I need!

maybe... padshop? its like a hybrid rompler.

sonik synth 2 perhaps?

Luxonic Ravity(s) might be what your after. not free but has a gui that switches to basic functions. good cpu usage and sounds great
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

WusikStation surely is your best bet ;)

Cakewalk's Rapture

What about one of the preset player versions for synths such as Polyana or ... the... other ones that I can't remember at the moment.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

The UVI Workstation is a great rompler too. And with the release of their Vintage Synths library, it may be just what you need!

Also, I've really found some cool synths and arppegiator/arranger tools in Magix' Independence, so don't overlook it either.

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

Dimension Pro...

One of the best sound engines out there and open architecture too...

It's a great rompler and a very reliable workhorse :wink:

I actally prefer Rapture,but that is more of a synth than a Rompler...
No auto tune...

You will go crazy for PRIZM. It uses the wusik engine and has a 16 gb library with everything from synths, strings and brass to pianos, vocals, guitars and tons more. If you add the wusik library and 64 bit engine, you will get over 31gb of incredible content!!!

SuperCore v2 is another rompler with a nice 6gb library and can play off the shelf soundfonts. You can also use any of our sound expansions with both SuperCore v2 and PRIZM.

www.supersynths.com for demos and more information.

Mike

If you look for free plugin, then Alchemy Player, if you look for a paid one, then Alchemy full version or Nexus 2.

Sendy wrote:What about one of the preset player versions for synths such as Polyana or ... the... other ones that I can't remember at the moment.
L'il Poly-Ana. Player for all the sounds without all the voice controls. (But still includes all the performance related controls so you can adjust polyphony settings, bend range, portamento, etc. As well as the cutoff and resonance control for the filters, which are the most commonly tweaked controls during performance-time).

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/LilPoly-Ana/

By the way, ROMplers (and samplers) make very poor substitutes for synths as they always play from the exact same set of content, where virtual synths generate their audio on the fly and can, in theory, never produce the exact same output twice. They also provide far greater ability to modulate the sound from various controller inputs, where in the case of the sampler, the sound is pre-canned and pretty much all you can do is filter it.

vaisnava wrote:Cakewalk's Rapture
He's asking for a basic ROMpler. I guess that Rapture is far from being "basic"...

Looks like he's searching for something like e.g. Ableton Sampler but Kontakt 4 without scripts and/or without opening the advanced settings could be quite basic too.

As a free sampler there is e.g. TX16Wx free:
http://www.tx16wx.com/
Anyway it got no presets...

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thank you all for your ideas! Alchemy Player & Lil Poly-Ana look ideal! Preset player is just what I seek!

Return to “Instruments”