Bitwig Studio [Certified Official Thread!] - with cats, and INFO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Read 35 pages of cats? :party:

I must have missed it :)
:hug:

Not read 35 pages. Just the one page before... actually only 8 Posts in front of yours. :hihi:

But 35 pages of silly cat pictures is half of the fun of this thread.. at least!

Summer is a long ways aways. Luckily, I have others to use meantime :phew:

hibidy wrote:Summer is a long ways aways. Luckily, I have others to use meantime :phew:
"It dreamed itself along"

Summer of which Year ? :o

Muziksculp wrote:Summer of which Year ? :o
I hope this doesn't end like Duke Nukem: Forever. I figured the developers were joking when they called it 'forever'.. after I decade I thought they weren't joking and the name should have been Duke Nukem: Never. :hihi:
....3D Realms announced in 2001 that it would be released simply "when it's done". No official video of the game was shown for almost 8 years, until 3D Realms released a new teaser trailer in December 2007, but the game "submerged" yet again soon afterwards.
But even they, 15 years later, released their software.. so there is hope.

Isn't that the one that totally sucked once they finally released it?

correct. It was on the 5 dollar bargain bin within several months.

Yeah, what a joke that game was ...... the first one was so cool! One of the few games i played from start to finish.

And yes, luckily i can survive to the summer. In fact, im not 100% sure i need bitwig with mulab/mux at my hands. Cliplaunching though.. it's so useful for trying ideas (and mix with different tempo'd older project's stems). And lets not forget the hardware integration. I saw what they did with maschine! What can they do with behringer's CMD ... think i'll fantasize about that for a while now... :oops: :D

Well Bitwig Studio looks fantastic so far... I wish it had an optional brighter theme, but I think I can manage..

The big issue, for me, is cost. Ableton Live (its closest competitor) costs 500 USD street. That is a lot of money. I'm hoping Bitwig Studio is at most half that. At the very least, for an introductory period..

If it is 500 dollars, it could come today, tomorrow, or next year and I still couldn't see myself spending that kind of money for software. But I figure I am in the minority..

The cool thing with Ableton's product is they had tiers.. so you didn't have to buy the whole cow if you didnt want (or couldn't justify) the 'whole' version.

Bitwig seems to have one size fits all... a little worrisome to me (with respect to price)

VitaminD wrote:Well Bitwig Studio looks fantastic so far... I wish it had an optional brighter theme, but I think I can manage..

The big issue, for me, is cost. Ableton Live (its closest competitor) costs 500 USD street. That is a lot of money. I'm hoping Bitwig Studio is at most half that. At the very least, for an introductory period..

If it is 500 dollars, it could come today, tomorrow, or next year and I still couldn't see myself spending that kind of money for software. But I figure I am in the minority..

The cool thing with Ableton's product is they had tiers.. so you didn't have to buy the whole cow if you didnt want (or couldn't justify) the 'whole' version.

Bitwig seems to have one size fits all... a little worrisome to me (with respect to price)
Consider me in this minority as well. I will be interested only if the price will be $200 or less!! Yes, I know! It won't! I just feel sick and tired every time I look at Logic Pro price! (I don't have a Mac) :cry:

Why should I pay more than $200 for the Cubase Artist upgrade (not even the full version)? Why should I pay about $300 to upgrade to Live standard from Lite?!! :x Compared to Logic Pro most DAWs are overpriced.

I'm going to check the Mac + Logic option! I might switch instead of all that waiting and suffering :smack:

while i like low prices.. the logic must be that you can have many synths and effects, but usually only one daw thus they can be justified to be more expensive.

But why they must be more expensive than Logic?

Nah! IMO it is just a matter of time and the prices will drop and the most expensive DAW will be $200 while the average price for a synth will be $50 to $100. :D
(I just hope it is not after a decade!)

EnGee wrote:But why they must be more expensive than Logic?

Nah! IMO it is just a matter of time and the prices will drop and the most expensive DAW will be $200 while the average price for a synth will be $50 to $100. :D
(I just hope it is not after a decade!)
First, Logic was NOT always this inexpensive. When I bought Pro 7 I paid around $700, if memory serves proper. My upgrade to Pro 8 was $199.

I totally agree with your sentiments of wanting lower prices but I seriously doubt this will happen; anytime soon anyway.

I understand R&D and its costs and I expect to pay a fair price for a quality piece of software. But I feel it has gotten out of hand.

I think some developers really do not want their software in the hands of just any musician or should I say hobbiest. This is an elitist attitude and actually costs them, but this is their business model and I respect that.

I'm in sales and prefer a model of lower price and more sales equals more money in the till.

Just my opinion and yours may vary. :)

Happy musiking!
dsan

That is why their are tiers for many hosts.. Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Studio One, Live, etc..

They don't simply create the 'Rolls Royce' Edition and expect that to meet everyone's needs (in features and/or price).

There is NO way I'm spending over 200 (which is still a large amount of cash) on a piece of software. If you are able to mentally justify spending money like that, then be my guest. I'm not here to stop you.. only to state not everyone feels the same way.

Besides, Live Lite is close to meeting my needs - it only has 4 VSTi tracks though. If it had maybe 8 or definitely 16 I'd be in business.

I don't want or need a modular synth system or UDP Networked Jam Session feature (as examples).. why pay for something you're not going to use? Tiers!!!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”