Polyphonic Guitar to MIDI VST/AU "MIDI Guitar"- BETA TEST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

any word on the tun file loading? :)

JamOrigin wrote: We've momentarily retreated to the bunker to finish version 0.6. Some of the improvements include:

* experimental pitch bend / vibrato support
* improved velocity control
* midi through - to internal synths and external midi ports
* and more...

Current estimate says by the end of this week.

Look forward to this but MIDI through will let me use my feet for pitch bend and modulation, this makes me very happy.

This is real high on my list of things to come.

:-) Please do not forget enhanced modes for sustain :-)

* and more... :-)

Joe

Is the early adopter discount gone for beta testers?

Jamorigin said they would be contacting beta testers. Being a first rounder myself, I have never heard of an "early adopter discount" or any other. :shrug:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

FrettedSynth wrote:
JamOrigin wrote: We've momentarily retreated to the bunker to finish version 0.6. Some of the improvements include:

* and more...

Current estimate says by the end of this week.

Look forward to this but MIDI through will let me use my feet for pitch bend and modulation, this makes me very happy.

This is real high on my list of things to come.

:-) Please do not forget enhanced modes for sustain :-)

* and more... :-)

Joe
Thanks Joe - havent forgot about the three sustain modes - its an excellent idea - just still focusing on the core tracking - but we prioritised those sustain modes right after that.
memysexfandus wrote:any word on the tun file loading? :)
Havent forgot about this either. It is dependent on having multi channel midi running and a user friendly way of setting it up.
daveb63 wrote:Is the early adopter discount gone for beta testers?
jdt wrote:Jamorigin said they would be contacting beta testers. Being a first rounder myself, I have never heard of an "early adopter discount" or any other. :shrug:
dave and jdt.

We are very thankful to all you who got in early and helped testing MIDI Guitar early in round 1,2 and 3 here at KVR. Those of you already have a license for all current and future BETA versions and we will contact each of you with a special offer by the end of the beta programme to extend it to infinity.

For those who came in later than round 3 - and dont have a valid license - there was a 30% early adaptor discount that ended January 1st. After that the price price is $99.95.
JamOrigin.com

Like us on Facebook.com/JamOrigin and follow us on Twitter @JamOrigin

JamOrigin wrote:
sheldrakes wrote:On some hosts it is not possible to record the midi output in real time due to routing restrictions. Would it be possible to have a midi dump function which stores the midi information of the track that has just been played and exports it as a midi file? This is done in jamstix and works very well. The midi file would not be very big, and could be erased when the track is restarted, ready for the next one.
Or even better, store up to say 5 midi files to facilitate comping later on. :) That way any missed notes could maybe be reconstructed.
Yes, thanks for reminding me about this again!

Here internally we have a function that turn on/off both audio and midi recording. Right now we just store .wav and .mid files in a special folder and the files are named by their timestamp. Is it convenient that it delete older files for you?

The problem we have is that we store time stamps of midi events in SMPTE absolute time format. But it seems that Reaper and Studio One at least, mess up when we import the SMPTE midi file. Anybody have experience with this?
Hi Ole,
have you decided how you will handle midi export yet?

sheldrakes wrote:
JamOrigin wrote:
sheldrakes wrote:On some hosts it is not possible to record the midi output in real time due to routing restrictions. Would it be possible to have a midi dump function which stores the midi information of the track that has just been played and exports it as a midi file? This is done in jamstix and works very well. The midi file would not be very big, and could be erased when the track is restarted, ready for the next one.
Or even better, store up to say 5 midi files to facilitate comping later on. :) That way any missed notes could maybe be reconstructed.
Yes, thanks for reminding me about this again!

Here internally we have a function that turn on/off both audio and midi recording. Right now we just store .wav and .mid files in a special folder and the files are named by their timestamp. Is it convenient that it delete older files for you?

The problem we have is that we store time stamps of midi events in SMPTE absolute time format. But it seems that Reaper and Studio One at least, mess up when we import the SMPTE midi file. Anybody have experience with this?
Hi Ole,
have you decided how you will handle midi export yet?
This is a very reasonable request as well. Let us try to look into that SMPTE bug after the 0.6 release.
JamOrigin.com

"Hi Tony, while I'm persnally all for pushing MIDI Guitar in all directions, I think a built in breath controllers is a bit of a streach at this moment. Surely there are already breath controllers out there that could run along MIDI Guitar?"

yes, thats what i meant to say. i cant imagine what a bc patched into the actual guitar would be like lol.

i gotta say if youre gonna try and emulate sax etc you pretty much have to use breath control to avoid sounding wanky.

JamOrigin wrote:
daveb63 wrote:Is the early adopter discount gone for beta testers?
jdt wrote:Jamorigin said they would be contacting beta testers. Being a first rounder myself, I have never heard of an "early adopter discount" or any other. :shrug:
dave and jdt.

We are very thankful to all you who got in early and helped testing MIDI Guitar early in round 1,2 and 3 here at KVR. Those of you already have a license for all current and future BETA versions and we will contact each of you with a special offer by the end of the beta programme to extend it to infinity.

For those who came in later than round 3 - and dont have a valid license - there was a 30% early adaptor discount that ended January 1st. After that the price price is $99.95.
Cool! I thought for a second I fell out of the loop or something. :wink:
Musical Style: Psychotic Northwoods Basement Trash

Short question: Can I use the standalone version of MIDI Guitar in Win8 64bit... Seems like its time to upgrade...

Mavid

Any update on version 0.6? Hope it's coming soon..Can't wait to try the pitch bend support!
Check out my Reggae Beats: http://www.terryvibes.com/
Music Website Design services: http://musicwebsite4u.com/

terry_oi wrote:Any update on version 0.6? Hope it's coming soon..Can't wait to try the pitch bend support!
+1 for that

Mavid wrote:Short question: Can I use the standalone version of MIDI Guitar in Win8 64bit... Seems like its time to upgrade...
Mavid
We havent tested Win8 yet, but I don't remember anyone reporting that it doesn't work - so chances are good at least.
Daggilarr wrote:
terry_oi wrote:Any update on version 0.6? Hope it's coming soon..Can't wait to try the pitch bend support!
+1 for that
Yes, we are building a pre-release of 0.6 for you guys right now...
I will post it here in a couple of hours.
JamOrigin.com

MIDI Guitar 0.6.0 beta is here! (pre-release for KVR)

WHAT'S NEW:
  • General Recognition Improvements
    Fever spurious hits.
    Snappier note-off.

Experimental Pitch Bend support
    Mono bends only for now, but it automatically switch between perfect tuned chords and expressive bend leads.

Basic Velocity Control

MIDI Through
    All midi sent to MIDI Guitar is now passed through to internal hosted instruments and also to the MIDI output. This makes it possible to use midi expression pedals, i.e. sustain.

Improved documentation and help section
    Linked to the the new website:
    http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/Windows-Mac.

Other improvements
    Instrument Program Selector
    New Console log section displays warnings in case of problems
    Test piano is now stereo and full 88 keys
    Pitch Prediction Level 3 is now default
    Fixed problem for some interfaces not running at 44.1Khz samplerate
    Fixed bug where some synths would not respond (i.e. Diva).
    Fixed bug where some synth would only output one channel
    Fixed unneccesary many note off messages.
    Fixed not saving channel settings
    Fixed modified factory settings not saved
    Mac download can now unzip with OSX default uncompression utility
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MI ... .0-Win.zip
http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MI ... .0-Mac.zip

Please consider to subscribe to news on our website to keep oriented about updates.
JamOrigin.com

JamOrigin wrote:MIDI Guitar 0.6.0 beta is here! (pre-release for KVR)

WHAT'S NEW:
  • General Recognition Improvements
    Fever spurious hits.
    Snappier note-off.

Experimental Pitch Bend support
    Mono bends only for now, but it automatically switch between perfect tuned chords and expressive bend leads.

Basic Velocity Control

MIDI Through
    All midi sent to MIDI Guitar is now passed through to internal hosted instruments and also to the MIDI output. This makes it possible to use midi expression pedals, i.e. sustain.

Improved documentation and help section
    Linked to the the new website:
    http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/Windows-Mac.

Other improvements
    Instrument Program Selector
    New Console log section displays warnings in case of problems
    Test piano is now stereo and full 88 keys
    Pitch Prediction Level 3 is now default
    Fixed problem for some interfaces not running at 44.1Khz samplerate
    Fixed bug where some synths would not respond (i.e. Diva).
    Fixed bug where some synth would only output one channel
    Fixed unneccesary many note off messages.
    Fixed not saving channel settings
    Fixed modified factory settings not saved
    Mac download can now unzip with OSX default uncompression utility
HOW TO DOWNLOAD:

http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MI ... .0-Win.zip
http://www.jamorigin.com/midi-guitar/MI ... .0-Mac.zip

Please consider to subscribe to news on our website to keep oriented about updates.

Tried the new Beta briefly tonight but found a couple of issues:
1. I tried unpacking the zip file (for Mac) using Archive Utility which is my default app on snow lepord but received Error 1 - Operation not permitted
Unpacked using The Unarchiver worked but I noticed there was no vst plugin file only an au component.

2. Not sure if anyone else is having any issues but I cannot get Live 8.34 to recognize the new component. I have currently installed live 9 beta though so it would be helpful to know if anyone else is having the same issue or if it is my machine setup. I did not try any other hosts today.

On the plus side, I ran the standalone version of 0.6 and the response seems very good. I did not have chance to test anything else such as the pitchbend. Also the tests so far on previous betas have been the vst plugin version within live so it would be unfair to compare unless it was a similar setup.

Anyway great work guys
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Return to “Instruments”