Help with ZOOM R16 Interface

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all!

I would like to use Acoustica BE with the ZOOM R16 interface set as sound card.

I have 2 mics connected to the audio interface and I need only two channels. In Preferences I set the option "[ASIO] ZOOM R16_R24 ASIO Driver" as Recording Device and left all the channels as default. When I try to record I find the message "ASIO does not support input lines" in the field Line In in the Recordin window, and cannot record. What does that message mean?

Thank you for your time.

Bye!
Anton

Hi Anton,

You can safely ignore that message when recording from ASIO devices. The Windows Mixer API lets the user choose input sources and set the recording levels when using the Windows audio drivers, but this is not available for ASIO devices, hence the message.

Stian

Hi Stian,

thank you for your quick reply. The problem is that I cannot record from the interface. Maybe this is due to some problem with the recognition of the channels. When I click on settings and I have to set the ASIO Channel Map, if I set the 5. and 6. Input channel (where the mics are actually connected) in the Front Left and Front Right fields, I receive a message "An error occured while recording". Leaving the channels unmapped (the default with the 1. and 2. Input channel at Front L and R) let me record, but I see no variation of the input level and no signal is recorded even if the time goes.
I hope I have been clear.
Do you think it could be due to recognition problems between Windows and the interface? I'm sure that the interface works.
Could you please give me some tips?

Thank you again for your time.

A.

Hi,

I tried a lot to use Acoustica with my Zoom R16 interface as sound card. My problem is that I can record the voice using 2 mics on 5th and 6th channels if I use Cubase. I cannot record using Acoustica with the same configuration. In particular, what I found is that in DEvice settings, if I choose ASIO ZOOM R16 as interface and click on Settings, I found 8 channels with this names "X. input channel" where X is a number from 1 to 8. Setting 5th and 6th input channel as Front left and Front right (if I understood correctly these two channels are recorded in the BE) the software says that cannot record. Is there a problem with the recognition of the interface by the software, since it works on my system?

Thank you.

Bye,
A.

Hi again Anton,
anton_stl wrote:My problem is that I can record the voice using 2 mics on 5th and 6th channels if I use Cubase. I cannot record using Acoustica with the same configuration.
I understand, sorry for my first misunderstanding. I'll try to reproduce the error and / or check the code to see if I can find something. I'll post my findings as soon as possible.

Stian

Thank you very much Stian!
Please, feel free to ask me whatever you want about the details of configuration.
A.

anton_stl wrote:Thank you very much Stian!
Please, feel free to ask me whatever you want about the details of configuration.
A.
Thanks again, Anton! It won't be necessary, though. :-) I believe I have already spotted the problem and I'll get a fix online as soon as possible.

Stian

Anton, the latest build (63) should solve the issue. Please download build 63 from http://www.acondigital.com/us_Downloads.html (or http://www.acondigital.de/de_Downloads.html if you want the German version) and install it. There is no need to uninstall the previous build prior to installing build 63.

Stian

Thank you Stian.

I've tried the build right now, but the problem still exists :(

Sorry Stian! Actually the problem is solved!
I've tried the software in another computer where I have the administration rights and where the previous version didn't work. Now it works like a charm. The problem still exists in a computer where I have only a user account and no administration rights. I'll try something, but in the meantime do you have suggestions for this?

Thank you very much for the support!

A.

Ok, it works everywhere. I did install the wrong build on the computer with the administration rights. Now with the build 63 the problem is solved everywhere.

Thank you Stian for your prompt and kind support. I'll use your software to record speech materials for phonetic analysis. Acoustica is the perfect solution because I need only two channels for dialogues recordings and since I have an ASIO device, I cannot use GoldWave as I always did.

Bye,
Antonio

Great, thanks! I'm glad to be able to help.

Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”