Question to NI Komplete owners

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've created a ticket on NI site yesterday, but still did not received an answer. Since I'm kinda impatient man, I decided to ask here.

So, Komplete is a boxed product. If you buy Komplete online, is it possible to start using all stuff that available for download immediately (will the serials of purchased products appear in your NI account)? Or do you have to wait for a box with DVDs and serials will be delivered?

Thank you.
Peace and tolerance

As far as I know, you need the box, with the serial to activate all your products.
Some things came free after registration, with the serial & a download link in an e-mail, but I can't see that happening for Kontakt and all libraries, for example.

Thank you, Kullervo. Much appreciated your help.
Peace and tolerance

You need the box and the first time it took 8 hours to install, so plan accordingly....

I can install complete in just over an hour. The trick is to copy the discs to an ISO image file. Then mount the ISO disc image file with something like Slysoft Virtual CD (free). Installing lots of little files means lst of disk access. The latency of a hard drive is orders of magnitudes faster than a DVD. This trick also works on Mac, but Mac can mount the ISO without extra hardware.

If you install to a second machine, this helps even more because you only have to rip the discs once and put them on a USB drive.

dmaestas wrote:...This trick also works on Mac, but Mac can mount the ISO without extra hardware.

If you install to a second machine, this helps even more because you only have to rip the discs once and put them on a USB drive.
Brillant tip :shock: :)

The fact is I don't need sample content. Actually I need GR5, FM8 and Kontakt (without stock samples). I already have some NI stuff, so crossgrade to Komplete is much cheaper for me than buying things separately. But Komplete is a boxed product, so it seems that that I'll be forced to wait for delivery of physical package before I can start using it. Which is actually pointless to me, because all titles I need is also available as downloadable products at NI website. *sigh*
Peace and tolerance

Here's the deal. Komplete is ONE serial number. You must have the box and go through the install to use properly. I know you said you are impatient but you'll have to have some when using it. You'll also have a crapload of updates you'll prolly need for the install, so more patience is needed. (I know it's not easy!)

hibidy wrote:Here's the deal. Komplete is ONE serial number. You must have the box and go through the install to use properly. I know you said you are impatient but you'll have to have some when using it. You'll also have a crapload of updates you'll prolly need for the install, so more patience is needed. (I know it's not easy!)
Thank you for the detailed explanation, hibidy. I must say it sounds like a joke, and it turns out that it is easier for me to collect some money and buy the titles I really need here at market place. Oh, NI...
Peace and tolerance

Well, I paid about 300 usd for my "crossgrade" to komplete. It's not bad, but I get what you are saying. Still, kontakt would require a box.

hibidy wrote:Still, kontakt would require a box.
Sad but true. NI makes good software, but their flash-based website and boxed products (in 2013!) looks like intense obscurantism. :tantrum: :lol:
Peace and tolerance

Or maybe dont install everything = saves time

I dont need Absynth, Massive, FM8 and some others, the pianos are not great.
I use another, the Giant, better sounds.
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

peppy197 wrote:Or maybe dont install everything = saves time

I dont need Absynth, Massive, FM8 and some others, the pianos are not great.
I use another, the Giant, better sounds.
Exactly. The installer will give you the option of what you want to install -- Komplete doesn't make you install the complete package. You get to pick and choose.

Oh and patience is a great attribute to grow.. I'm (slowly) learning it myself. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”