Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Here's a piece I've been working on that uses it (4 instances of the same patch, moving between different variations, nothing else) - bit rough still:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/At%20Sunset.mp3
WOW - that's totally beautiful! :clap: :love:
Yes, very beautiful. But, could you guys stop with the morphing birds, fer cat-crying out loud?:D

What about some groundhog morphing or even elephant song, anything to minimize that cat scratches. Thank you. :)
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

mandolarian wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Here's a piece I've been working on that uses it (4 instances of the same patch, moving between different variations, nothing else) - bit rough still:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5646041/At%20Sunset.mp3
WOW - that's totally beautiful! :clap: :love:
Yes, very beautiful. But, could you guys stop with the morphing birds, fer cat-crying out loud?:D

What about some groundhog morphing or even elephant song, anything to minimize that cat scratches. Thank you. :)
I tried to record elephants in the zoo the other day but they wouldn't let me in with my boom-mounted shotgun mics because they claimed that would frighten the animals :?

Sampleconstruct wrote:I tried to record elephants in the zoo the other day but they wouldn't let me in with my boom-mounted shotgun mics because they claimed that would frighten the animals :?
Were you wearing your usual paparazzi sunglasses and mink coat? I'm sure it was the shotgun mics, tho. You can take an eye out with those things. Next time just wear your Jecklin Disk / DPA 4060 tourist hat. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Some melancholy is in the air today, here are 2 new patches from Subscription Set No. 22 to be released within the next days - Elves Choir and Dreamland:
http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/e ... mland-iris

A fresh demo for Set No 22 - 3 patches, a singing sikh I recorded shortly after 9/11 off the TV during a ceremony for the victims, a tribal drumloop made with framedrum samples and electronics and a one-finger-pad made with various synth layers - some external reverb was used in the demo:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Emotionally potent music ... a chilling time-warp

onexeno wrote:
Emotionally potent music ... a chilling time-warp
Thank you.

Iris is great. I am using it with a dedicated tx2 hp laptop, touch screen. Hope izo implements multitouch support. Brilliant concept.
we know who is in and who is not

That's a really nice demo again, Simon. We could have really used that on Zero Dark Thirty (with your consent, of course).

jas wrote:That's a really nice demo again, Simon. We could have really used that on Zero Dark Thirty (with your consent, of course).
Thank's - any links, before I google it? - :)

Ohh, I see, a fiction film about 9/11 coming to german cinemas next week, I'll check that out for sure. But now it's too late, the score has been written I supoose :)

I just uploaded Set No. 22 to my server and will distribute the download link to all subscribers in a minute.

Iris Subscription Set No. 22 - uploaded on January 29 2013 - 10 patches - 142 MB unzipped

Band Outtake 01 - MW - 2 Macros
A processed outtake of a recording with my former Band ROYCE which didn't make it onto the album which I published myself in 2006. An 8-Bar loop - original BPM 124.something, root note C3.
S1 only plays the low frequency range, bring in S2 with the Modwheel for full bandwidth. S3 plays a short loop from the middle of the sample, bring it on with Macro 3. Add Reverb to S2+3 with Macro 1.

Bird Encounter - MW - 2 Macros
Processed field recording of a bird recorded some summers ago. Different spectral selections and segments of the same sample play in S1+2. S1 runs in Non-Retrigger mode.
Add fast random Pitchmod to S1 with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Delay Mix/Time. Try all ranges please.

Container Music - MW - 7 Macros
A snippet of the recording of the discharging of containers in a russian harbour (Kaliningrad) recorded in 2011 for a film project. S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays a narrow selection of high metal squeaks, S2 plays a longer segment with rumbling and impacts. Add vibrato to S1 with the Modwheel, 7 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Dreamland - MW - 3 Macros
Synth texture mixed with flute noises, a very dreamy and mysterious patch. Different spectral selections of the same sample in S1+2. Add fast Pitchmod with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix, M3 control LP Filter Cutoff.

Elves Choir - MW - 3 Macros
A female vocalist I recorded for a theatre project a while ago, she had a very strong vibrato (unusable for my purposes but I still paid her), with the narrow spectral selection on S1 it sort of emulates a Theremin :)
S1 runs in Radius RT mode so the vibrato speed will stay the same on each key played. S2 (Non-Retrigger mode) plays a broader selection of the same sample in the high frquency range, bring it in with the Modwheel. S3 (Non-Retrigger mode) plays the sample back and forth in the very high frequency range, bring it in with Macro 3. Macro 1 for Delay Mix, M2 controls Highpass Cutoff. There is a bit of glide active in this patch for better legato smearing.

Joyful Harmonics - MW - 3 Macros
The sample from the patch Singing Sikh (see below) resynthed and then manipulated in Metasynth. Different spectral selections of the same sample play in S1+2, both running in Non-Retrigger mode. Inverted Modwheel for LP Filter Cutoff/Reso. Macro 1 brings in temposynced square-shaped Pitchmod for S1, M 3+4 for Delay/Reverb Mix. In the low ranges this patch is also great for deep meditative drones. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode.

One Finger Wall - MW - 4 Macros
A sample made by layering different synths forming a big and beautiful chord. Different spectral selections of the same sample play in S1-3. The volume of S3 with the broadest selection is assigned to the Modwheel, Macro 1 for Delay Mix, M3 for LP Cutoff, M4 for temposynced Filtermod, M5 for temposynced Pitchmod of S3.

Singing Sikh - MW - 2 Macros
Shortly after 9/11 there was a ceremony for the victims in a New York stadium which was broadcasted on TV. I recorded hours of it from the TV and included those samples in my George Bush Rap "Da Speech".
I dug up these samples recently and started denoising and tweaking them. So here is a singing Sikh with a beautiful and touching chant, S1+2 play different spectral selections, both in Non-Retrigger mode, so if you play overlapping legato you will hear the whole long chant while changing pitches. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel for full frequency range. Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed, Glide is also activated.

Spectral Blackout - MW - 4 Macros
A sample made with one of my Reaktor ensembles, very narrow spectral selections of the same sample play in S1-3, S3 running in Non-Retrigger mode.
The Modwheel adds Distortion and Chorus, Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed, M3 for Delay Mix, M4 for Delay Time.

Tribal Loop - MW - 4 Macros
A tribal loop with some electronics made with processed Framedrum samples from my soundset Framedrum for Alchemy, original BPM 90, root note C3. Add distortion with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed to destroy the timing, M3 controls LP Filter Cuoff, M4 increases the release time.

----

The subscription price has been upped to € 45 Euro, there are now 134 patches including 3 Gigabyte of samples.

Enjoy the sounds!

Simon :party:

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just finished downloading the newest set. Thank you, Simon!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Really nice, thanks!

Thank's for the feedback, guys :)

Return to “Soundware”