LuSH-101 for $85 - worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FYI - Audiodeluxe has this on sale until February 1st. At the regular price this seemed way overpriced, but probably worth $85 - what do you think?

Try the demo?

I think it's a nice synth but it's a cpu hog, gonna give it a good test, if the sound is good enough i'll buy it and just use simple patches or resample poly stuff until i have a fast enough cpu. The gui is too small though on the mixer page, have to squint pretty hard to see the values! I like the way the layers are laid out though and the fx are very good. :)
Last edited by musikmachine on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Definitely, I bought it from someone here for $110, and I thought that was a great deal. I wish I could have gotten it for $85!

Maybe I'll grab the other plugins though since I can see all of them are on sale there.
You are currently reading my signature.

This is a no brainer, great synth.

worth getting? - it's the matter of taste...
If you have several other synths, the answer is no...

If you already have z3ta+, why would you go for this?

Not really comparable, z3ta is a hybrid synth and Lush is an accurate model of an analog synth.

z3ta is basically a Virus and Lush is an SH-101.
You are currently reading my signature.

I demoed it again after dismissing it when it came out. Three deal-breakers are still in there: the GUI still gives me a headache, the workflow is extraordinarily cumbersome, and the CPU usage, which is the highest of all the soft synths I've played (even counting the two Divs - Diva and Diversion) is horrendous and in no way justified by the sound quality (which is fine, just not THAT fine).

All of that is IMO, of course - hope that doesn't need to be said. Really do try the demo to see if your experience is different.

Definitely worth it if you're a synthaholic.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

djanthonyw wrote:Not really comparable, z3ta is a hybrid synth and Lush is an accurate model of an analog synth.

z3ta is basically a Virus and Lush is an SH-101.
Like Lush and Diversion are capable of very rich and deep pads. The effects are also awesome in both.

Sendy wrote:Definitely worth it if you're a synthaholic.
This is the problem in a nutshell :).

When I saw the deal I thought I was definitely going to get it this time, so I installed the demo again just for a final check.

But ... the interface just kills me. I'm getting on a bit and I need a microscope to operate it. I love the sound but I just know that I wouldn't end up using it that much.

If my eyes were younger then maybe...

My understanding is that the TAL guy just bought a SH101 with the intention of doing a full on emulation a la U-No-LX. This is not to be confused with his free-101 emulation. We may be months away from release, but I'm in no hurry.

Return to “Instruments”