click on the pictures for bigger view

the knobs change the color depending on the values, but they don't move

so it is not the usual kind of visual feedback,
and maybe this helps a bit more listening to the sounds

the download is here:
colorama

any comments are welcome

have fun
Last edited by rsmus7 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That looks very cool! Quite original. I've tried various skins for ACE, but keep going back to the original. Maybe this will be the "one".

mleghorn wrote:That looks very cool! Quite original. I've tried various skins for ACE, but keep going back to the original. Maybe this will be the "one".
thanks

I hope the skin will fit your needs

no more comments?

is it so bad?

rsmus7 wrote:no more comments?

is it so bad?
Sorry, but I am an old fashion guy. Your knobs look like "smarties" to me. I prefer something that reminds me that thing is to be turned to right or left. Usually, I don't criticize, but you asked... I like some "eye candy" (like those gorgeous panels with knobs, buttons, sliders, etc. - even if it's just virtual).
Fernando (FMR)

wonky :-o
"It dreamed itself along"

is it so bad?
I like it because it's different. Nice job! 8)

p.s. It DOES kinda remind me of Wonka. Maybe that's why I like it :hihi:
[Insert Signature Here]

mellotronaut wrote:Image

wonky :-o
hihi...

and it tastes like sugar candy

:wink:
fmr wrote:Sorry, but I am an old fashion guy. Your knobs look like "smarties" to me. I prefer something that reminds me that thing is to be turned to right or left. Usually, I don't criticize, but you asked... I like some "eye candy" (like those gorgeous panels with knobs, buttons, sliders, etc. - even if it's just virtual).
I understand you, and sometimes I like those "old fashioned" GUIs too,
but this time I wanted to do something different, and I know that it might need
some time to get used to it

thanks for the comments

I like the idea in theory, but honestly, with a modular like ACE, the colour thing is just going to get in the way of finding the right settings. With modulars often you need things to be a certain way that can't be set by ear, before you can get results in another module.

The idea might work better in a hardwired synth.

I'm also not a fan of light grey and flat textures. I see a lot of light grey and almost solarized-looking shading in user made skins and it never looks right to me, almost like an inverted spectrum.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

bailees7irish wrote:
I like it because it's different. Nice job! 8)

p.s. It DOES kinda remind me of Wonka. Maybe that's why I like it :hihi:

thanks bailees7irish

a shame I don't get Wonka sweets here in germany ;-)

Sendy wrote:I like the idea in theory, but honestly, with a modular like ACE, the colour thing is just going to get in the way of finding the right settings. With modulars often you need things to be a certain way that can't be set by ear, before you can get results in another module.

The idea might work better in a hardwired synth.

I'm also not a fan of light grey and flat textures. I see a lot of light grey and almost solarized-looking shading in user made skins and it never looks right to me, almost like an inverted spectrum.

I understand your position,
but you can still see the values of every knb for the finetuning
in the upper preset-name pane
and I'm not so sure about which things you think of that need proper settings which can't be done by ears
and imho ACE is "only" semi-modular
but I don't want to argue about that

is it so bad?
Not bad at all, personally I like it.

PatchAdamz wrote: Not bad at all, personally I like it.
:D

thx

Return to “u-he”