M-Audio Fast Track Ultra not recognizing driver !!? Help PLZ

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, there

Anyone knows where to find AVID contact email http://duc.avid.com/. I searched alot but couldn't find it?

I have a driver probelm.I'm on windows 7 and seemingly, my M-Audio Fast Track Ultra is not recognizing its driver, even after updating it through the official website!

Also the M-Audio Control Panel says the following:

The panel could not establish contact with the driver for one of the following reasons:
the device is not connected to the computer,
the driver is not installed.
the driver failed to load

If the device is connected to the computer and turned on, you may wish to re-install the driver

I've done all the above but nothing worked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

AMD
See you later.

I have had problems now and then with Fast Track Pro, here's what I do/have done,

1. totally remove the usb cable
2. uninstall the driver
3. reboot
4. reinstall the driver
5. plug in the usb to a different usb port.

6. Hopefully it will now work

I had to run the installer in repair mode just the other day too, that sometimes works also.

I actually keep the installer on my desktop as it knocks out quite alot really to run the repair...

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply.

I did all what you guys said but the driver just keeps failing to install/load, whatever ... :(
See you later.

AMD wrote:Hi again,

Thanks for the reply.

I did all what you guys said but the driver just keeps failing to install/load, whatever ... :(
Was there a time on the pc when it did work - if so try system restore if you can to a point in that time...

No, its my first time trying with that labtop. Bought it second hand.
See you later.

AMD wrote:No, its my first time trying with that labtop. Bought it second hand.
OK, if this is a 'new to you but secondhand' laptop, see if you can reinstall it to factory defaults(i.e. like new), this may be possible. It may work!

If that's a possibility...that is for whatever reason!

That sounds like an interesting idea. Will try it today!
See you later.

AMD wrote:That sounds like an interesting idea. Will try it today!
I've had two computers go broke on me, restoring factory settings fixed both - of course I had to reinstall my pc and laptop software but it totally fixed the issues I had both times, I think it's your laptop at fault not the hardware/driver.

Search youtube/internet on how to do it with the make/model...

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”