NAMM: iRig BlueBoard Announced!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NAMM: iRig BlueBoard Announced!
The first Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad and Mac

Winner of the iLounge "Best in Show" at the recent CES, iRig® BlueBoard, a groundbreaking new Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard for iPhone, iPad and Mac, which gives you: the guitarists, bassists and keyboard players hands-free control of mobile and Mac music apps.

iRig BlueBoard is a great addition to any mobile or studio rig for live performance and recording. You can use it to extend control of your preferred music apps by switching presets, changing sounds or modifying effects parameters - all hands-free. You don't have to put down your instrument, and can remain focused on your performance.

Any music app or software that is MIDI compatible (the standard communication protocol for musical instruments) - such as IK's AmpliTube, VocaLive, SampleTank, iGrand - or any other Core-MIDI-compatible app like Apple GarageBand, can be operated wirelessly with iRig BlueBoard.

This ultra-portable unit uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology to transmit the actions of its four onboard, backlit footswitches and its two optional external pedals to the mobile device or Mac. Then using the included iRig BlueBoard app and software, the Bluetooth signals are converted into MIDI messages and routed internally to the music app that's running on the device.

Because it's wireless, iRig BlueBoard lets you setup onstage without being tethered to your mobile device. The unit's range is 10 meters (over 32 feet), giving musicians a great deal of mobility to roam the stage that would be impossible with a wired unit. Because the footswitches are backlit, they're easy to see in all lighting conditions, even on a dark stage. Additionally, the fact that iRig uses wireless Bluetooth leaves all the wired ports of the device free, so they can be used simultaneously by interfaces or controllers that feature the 30-pin or Lightning connector, like IK's iRig HD, iRig MIDI or iRig Keys, and adapters or microphones that use the device mini-jack such as iRig or iRig MIC.

Features:
  • Bluetooth MIDI pedalboard (10m/32.8' range)
  • 4 backlit switches for sending program, bank and other MIDI messages
  • 2 1/4" inputs for optional expression pedals or switches that can used for sending continuous controller or on/off messages
  • BlueBoard iOS app runs in background on mobile device or Mac, and translates Bluetooth messages to MIDI
  • Runs on standard AAA batteries
  • Small enough to fit in a laptop bag
Pricing and Availability:

iRig BlueBoard is priced at $99.99 / €79.99 MSRP (excl. tax), and will be available in the second quarter of 2013 from the IK network of music and electronic retailers around the world.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

So, likley a dumb question- will assume "Yes you can". In Mainstage, could I use this to navigate my instrument sets, and of course, midi learn all 6 controlls, via MacBook Pro. Also assuing Bluetooth 4.0 is backwards compatable (or do we need latest and greatest Macs?)
iOS of course will work flawlessy
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

I didn't care until I saw the two expression pedal ports, now I'm a sure customer.

A few questions:
1) Can you use more than one Blueboard simultaneously?
2) How long will this run on each set of batteries?
3) What does this thing weigh? I understand that it's supposed to be easily portable, but I can imagine it bouncing around if it's too light. Am I going to have to tether this thing down somehow?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

JavaJ wrote:So, likley a dumb question- will assume "Yes you can". In Mainstage, could I use this to navigate my instrument sets, and of course, midi learn all 6 controlls, via MacBook Pro. Also assuing Bluetooth 4.0 is backwards compatable (or do we need latest and greatest Macs?)
iOS of course will work flawlessy
The Bluetooth low energy protocol (a feature of Bluetooth 4.0) is not backward compatible with classic Bluetooth protocol.
Nanakai wrote:I didn't care until I saw the two expression pedal ports, now I'm a sure customer.

A few questions:
1) Can you use more than one Blueboard simultaneously?
2) How long will this run on each set of batteries?
3) What does this thing weigh? I understand that it's supposed to be easily portable, but I can imagine it bouncing around if it's too light. Am I going to have to tether this thing down somehow?
1) We haven't tested that yet, but will soon.
2) Depends on usage, but since it is Bluetooth Low Energy, we expect it to last quite a while.
3) Weight is just under 9 ounces. We have designed this to work on the floor, so it shouldn't be flip-flopping all over stage to hit a button. :)

iRig HD with iRig BlueBoard will be an awesome live rig for guitar and bass!
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

So, does this mean I would be able to connect it a MIDI pedal, like an SoftStep?

-- Joe

Joe, you can connect two expression pedals via 2 ¼" jacks.

Thanks! Just to be sure I undersand...Can the expression pedals be MIDI as well?

Again, I'm thinking of something like the McMillen SoftStep pedal.

Cheers,
-- Joe

No, it is a CV-type input used with expression pedals.
In your case you should go with iRig MIDI

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”