Launchpad and Bomes Midi Translator Pro help needed please

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am just trying Bomes Midi Translator Pro demo in conjunction with a Launchpad.

So far I have been able to translate a Launchpad pad press successfully and also have the pad light up when pressed.

However, I am struggling to work out how I keep the pad lit until I press it again.

Can anyone give me any clues how to do this please?
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Bome isnt enough here.

if I remember correctly the pads are note numbers and the color is defined by velocity.
what you need is something like a flipflop relay, so a noteON triggers a neverending noteON for launchpad (without sending a noteOFF). if you press a launchpad key again launchpad receives a noteOFF.

I am not terribly aware of graphical environments for stuff like that. probably Synthedit with some custom modules. did some launchpad stuff with Sensomusic Usine and its integrated script host.

I was thinking driving home from work that what I was asking above wouldn't work the way I want because it needs to reflect the status in Live too.

Back to the drawing board. Still, it's fun trying to work out what I can do with it.

i modded my launchpad pretty heavily, but never used ableton.

either way, this is very possible. Assumedly you have a midi-out running FROM ableton back to the LP in the preferences?

If so - one way to do this - when you hit the key, the launchpad sends the note back to itself, to light the LED.

If (parameter)= 0, then parameter= 127

if parameter= 127, then parameter=0

(that syntax is all wrong, but you see - when you press it, if it is already on (127 velocity), it switches off (0 velocity), and vice versa.

alternately, you assign a global parameter to the velocity of the outgoing note (what goes FROM LP to ableton), then when you add the code for the feedback to the LP, just grab this variable and use it as the velocity.

i can find proper code if i havent been able to explain that well enough.

Thanks for your comments. I've not had a chance in the last week to play around any further but I want to explore the options when time allows.

DELETED
Last edited by deleted on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feel free to hijack :)

Any info is useful.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”