Annual Subscription for Iris Presets

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is a fresh demo for Set No 22 - 3 patches, a singing sikh I recorded shortly after 9/11 off the TV during a ceremony for the victims, a tribal drumloop made with framedrum samples and electronics and a one-finger-pad made with various synth layers:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

I just uploaded the Iris Subcription Set No. 22 to my server and will distribute the download link to all subscribers in a minute.

Iris Subscription Set No. 22 - uploaded on January 29 2013 - 10 patches - 142 MB unzipped

Band Outtake 01 - MW - 2 Macros
A processed outtake of a recording with my former Band ROYCE which didn't make it onto the album which I published myself in 2006. An 8-Bar loop - original BPM 124.something, root note C3.
S1 only plays the low frequency range, bring in S2 with the Modwheel for full bandwidth. S3 plays a short loop from the middle of the sample, bring it on with Macro 3. Add Reverb to S2+3 with Macro 1.

Bird Encounter - MW - 2 Macros
Processed field recording of a bird recorded some summers ago. Different spectral selections and segments of the same sample play in S1+2. S1 runs in Non-Retrigger mode.
Add fast random Pitchmod to S1 with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Delay Mix/Time. Try all ranges please.

Container Music - MW - 7 Macros
A snippet of the recording of the discharging of containers in a russian harbour (Kaliningrad) recorded in 2011 for a film project. S1 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays a narrow selection of high metal squeaks, S2 plays a longer segment with rumbling and impacts. Add vibrato to S1 with the Modwheel, 7 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Dreamland - MW - 3 Macros
Synth texture mixed with flute noises, a very dreamy and mysterious patch. Different spectral selections of the same sample in S1+2. Add fast Pitchmod with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Delay/Reverb Mix, M3 control LP Filter Cutoff.

Elves Choir - MW - 3 Macros
A female vocalist I recorded for a theatre project a while ago, she had a very strong vibrato (unusable for my purposes but I still paid her), with the narrow spectral selection on S1 it sort of emulates a Theremin :)
S1 runs in Radius RT mode so the vibrato speed will stay the same on each key played. S2 (Non-Retrigger mode) plays a broader selection of the same sample in the high frquency range, bring it in with the Modwheel. S3 (Non-Retrigger mode) plays the sample back and forth in the very high frequency range, bring it in with Macro 3. Macro 1 for Delay Mix, M2 controls Highpass Cutoff. There is a bit of glide active in this patch for better legato smearing.

Joyful Harmonics - MW - 3 Macros
The sample from the patch Singing Sikh (see below) resynthed and then manipulated in Metasynth. Different spectral selections of the same sample play in S1+2, both running in Non-Retrigger mode. Inverted Modwheel for LP Filter Cutoff/Reso. Macro 1 brings in temposynced square-shaped Pitchmod for S1, M 3+4 for Delay/Reverb Mix. In the low ranges this patch is also great for deep meditative drones. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode.

One Finger Wall - MW - 4 Macros
A sample made by layering different synths forming a big and beautiful chord. Different spectral selections of the same sample play in S1-3. The volume of S3 with the broadest selection is assigned to the Modwheel, Macro 1 for Delay Mix, M3 for LP Cutoff, M4 for temposynced Filtermod, M5 for temposynced Pitchmod of S3.

Singing Sikh - MW - 2 Macros
Shortly after 9/11 there was a ceremony for the victims in a New York stadium which was broadcasted on TV. I recorded hours of it from the TV and included those samples in my George Bush Rap "Da Speech".
I dug up these samples recently and started denoising and tweaking them. So here is a singing Sikh with a beautiful and touching chant, S1+2 play different spectral selections, both in Non-Retrigger mode, so if you play overlapping legato you will hear the whole long chant while changing pitches. Bring in S2 with the Modwheel for full frequency range. Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed, Glide is also activated.

Spectral Blackout - MW - 4 Macros
A sample made with one of my Reaktor ensembles, very narrow spectral selections of the same sample play in S1-3, S3 running in Non-Retrigger mode.
The Modwheel adds Distortion and Chorus, Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed, M3 for Delay Mix, M4 for Delay Time.

Tribal Loop - MW - 4 Macros
A tribal loop with some electronics made with processed Framedrum samples from my soundset Framedrum for Alchemy, original BPM 90, root note C3. Add distortion with the Modwheel, Macros 1+2 for Pitchmod/Modspeed to destroy the timing, M3 controls LP Filter Cuoff, M4 increases the release time.

----

The subscription price has been upped to € 45 Euro, there are now 134 patches including 3 Gigabyte of samples.

Enjoy the sounds!

Simon :party:

That Iris subsription is one of the best values in soundware I've ever seen. The breadth and quality of the source material, the fine work in making them playable. And the value of having so much interesting material to work with to bring out new elements is not to be underrated..

Thanks for set 22. Beautiful work again!

Wade
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:That Iris subsription is one of the best values in soundware I've ever seen. The breadth and quality of the source material, the fine work in making them playable. And the value of having so much interesting material to work with to bring out new elements is not to be underrated..

Thanks for set 22. Beautiful work again!

Wade
Thank's for the positive feedback, Wade!

For one week - until February 8 - the annual subscription for Iris presets is discounted at 22% - € 35 Euro instead of 45 Euro.

Get it here.

Mr. Wade Mattson (know as ToneToneshuzz here on KVR) was so kind to make a PDF from my main Iris text-file listing all available descriptions of the subscription patches.

You can view/download a PDF with the (yet) incomplete description of the patches here.

Thank's Wade!

Sampleconstruct wrote:For one week - until February 8 - the annual subscription for Iris presets is discounted at 22% - € 35 Euro instead of 45 Euro.

Get it here.
minor discount reminder...

This is a sweet deal. That puts it at about what I paid 6 weeks ago and then it was a great deal. 35 euro for a boatload top shelf sounds, and a whole year of additional resources. This material sourced from some of his other soundware for Alchemy Reaktor his Sample packs from recordings done in Asia, in parks in Dresden. Recent materials of recordings done while he was preparing for a world premier of his Symphonic work. Backstage at the a Russian concert hall. It is mind boggling. Huge Range, creative depth and breadth of the material.. Omnibus is the word, Magnum Opus of sound design, Greatest sound show on earth!
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Demo for Iris patch "Harp Wonder" from the upcoming subscription Set No. 23 - made from a processed recording with (real) harp playing flagolet style from one of my recent compositions - all modulations played in real time:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/h ... -iris-demo

Soma Zoo - an ambient soundscape made with 2 fresh Iris patches from the upcoming set:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -patchpool

Subscription Set 23 is online now, I will send the link around later tonight.

Iris Subscription Set 23 - uploaded on February 25 - 2013 containing 7 presets (167.8 MB).
With the release of this set I'm skipping the "MW - xy Macros" in the patch titles, it just clutters the preset browser and by reading the descriptions and looking at the Macro page in each patch you should all be able to understand, what the Controllers do.

Fantasy Space
The involved sample was made by sending the improv with one of my Alchemy patches into a space made with B2.
S1+2 play different aspects of the same sample, bring in S2 with the Modwheel. Both samples play in Non-Retrigger mode.
7 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page to see what's happening there.

Harmonic Festival
First I made a patch in Absynth sending a processed field recording of a pedestrian zone through it's incredible (tuned) Supercomb filters. Then I played some notes and tweaked the Comb controls and granulated the result with crusherX. S1-3 play different aspects of the same long sample, S2/3 run in Non-Retrigger mode. The inverted Mowheel controls the LP filter cutoff.
Macros 1+2 control amount/speed of temposynced pitch modulation in S1+3, Macro 3 shifts the pitch of S2 down an octave. Effcts run in Send Mode.

Harmonic Sweeper
A spectral drone made with Metasynth by...too convoluted to explain. S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode are panned hard left right, playing the same sample and spectral selection with an offset.
Modwheel controls LP filter cutoff, 6 Macros are assigned, check the Macro page please.
Works well for deep drones and chord playing in the higher ranges alike.

Harp Wonder
The processed recording of a harp playing a snippet from my recent orchestral composition Doktrin der Ruhe in flagolet style.
S1-3 all play different aspects of the same long sample, bring in S2 (running in Radius RT mode) with the Modwheel. S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.
6 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Penguin Kids
A field recording I recorded in the Mannheim zoo of bathing penguins, screaming/talking children/parents and background activities (birds, planes).
S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays a spectral selection of the screaming penguins while being fed with stinky fish, S1 plays adult voices and a shouting child.
The Modwheel adds random pitch modulation to the penguins and a fast pitch mod to the voices.
6 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

UberThunder
S2 plays the sample of a metal thundersheet I recorded in an open air sculpture park in Dresden. It plays in one shot mode, so it doesn't loop.
S1 plays a long, metasynthed derivative of that sample made by resynthing it in Metasynth and playing back the manipulated/stretched spectral content with a multi sampler using strange noises I made by improvising with UberMod processing short noise bursts.
Modwheel adds distortion, Macros 1+2 control the Delay FX, M3 ads pitch mod to S1, Macro 4 controls Reverb Mix.
S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode so you can play overlapping legato notes to reach the end of the sample while re-triggering the thundrous attack.

Vowel Synth
2 samples made by tweaking an imported waveform in Diversion's wave editor in real time and recording the output to disk. Great sound for deep drones, chords work well too though.
The Modwheel adds different flavours of pitch modulation to S1+2, five Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

A new track combining 4 Iris patches from the upcoming subscription set no. 24:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... artet-demo

And a very experimental track combining 3 fresh Iris patches from Set No. 24 which I will releases within the next few days:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... t-machines

Hi peeps,

Here comes the info for Iris Subscription Set No. 24 which I am just uploading, links will be sent out in a minute after I doublechecked the download.

Iris Subscription Set 24 - uploaded on March 17 - 2013 containing 7 presets (158.5 MB) including:

Broken Piano Music
A sample from my SoundPack Piano Destruction, beating the strings of a destroyed thus broken piano with soft mallets, playing a little melancholic sequence.
S1-3 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sample., S1+2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. Bring in S3 - a mysterious spectral glissando - with the Modwheel.
Macro 1 adds noise-controlled pitchmod to S1+2, Macro 2 adds distortion to S1+2.

Cello Harmonics Split
Two samples from my SoundPack Experimental Cello - one pure and one processed - play in S1+2, both running in Non-Retrigger mode.
S1 is mapped from the bottom up to C3 (C4 in Iris), S2 plays from C3 (C4) upwards.
The sample in S2 is quite long, so play longer notes to fully explore this sound. The inverted Modwheel reduces the LP filter cutoff, as the filter is operating pre-FX, the unfiltered signal is still sent into the FX when the MW is down. 5 Macros are assigned, please check the Macro page.

Grainloops
The involved sample is actually a muted piano sound, a snippet from a live-recording from a concert I played in a gallery. I processed this little loop with various granulators.
S+2 play different segments and spectral selections of the same sound. S1 plays in Non-Retrigger mode.
S2 has a strong pitch modulation assigned, increase the mod speed with the Modwheel.
Macros 1+2 control Delay FX. This patch can produce some incredible sub-bass frequencies.

Granular Cutlery
The sample was made by first improvising chaotically with cutlery from my kitchen and then granulating the recording. S1 play a very "dotted" spectral selection of this sample, S2 plays almost the entire frquency spectrum, bring it in with the Modwheel. Add square-shaped LFO modulation to S1 with Macro 1 (x), control the LFO speed with Macro 2 (y). M3 adds Reverb, M4 adds aliased distortion.

Hugeness
The involved long sample was made by layering chords with sounds I made in Alchemy, Padshop Pro and Diversion. S1-2 play different spectral aspects of the same sample. S1+2 run in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation to all oscillatiors, all running at different speeds.
M1 (x) controls LP filter cutoff, M2 (y) adds filter modulation. M3+4 for Phaser and Delay Mix.

Spectral Cutlery
Another processed cutlery improvisation, this time spectralized with various tools, resulting in a big SciFi soundscape.
S1-3 all play broad frequency selections from different segments of the same sample.The Modwheel adds pitch modulation to all oscillators, each running at slightly different speeds.
M1 (x) controls HP cutoff, M2 (y) adds a fast flange-FX. M3 adds a long stereo delay.

Tokyo Tickets
Stochastic mystery - I recorded the involved sample in the Tokyo subway, bleeping ticket machines, some pedestrians talking and more general subway ambience. S1+2 spectrally focus on the bleeps, using a very narrow seletion to enhance them. S3 adds a broad selection of the same sample, bring it in with Macro 3. All samples run in Non-Retrigger mode. Add random pitchmod to S1+2 with the Modwheel, control the LFO speed with Macro 4. M1+2 control Delay Mix/Rate, M5+6 control Reverb Mix/Size.

Enjoy the sounds please.

Subscription price has been upped to € 50 Euro.
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is probably the best set so far. Thank You very much!

Return to “patchpool”