heading in

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's about going into a helluva situation for someone you love...and knowing You'll never make it out.

I'm aiming at sad, but yet heroic. 8)

Nice composition and production. You have a style that relies on contrast removing instruments from parts, stripping the track then building it up again. Which is quite different and pleasant. The vocal blends and help the effect.
Great job man!

Hello! I just finished listening to this track, "Heading In"
I don't have a lot of insight into the technical aspects of song writing, but musically I found the song well put together.
To me, the driving emotion behind this song was a feeling of resignation. It takes courage and sacrifice to carry another person's burdens, but musically I felt no "heroism" while listening. The arpeggios that ebb and flow throughout the track, while contrasting the darkness, are much more bitter than sweet in bittersweet. After three listens, I found myself in a mellow place, but thankful that I didn't have the relationship problems that the melody and lyrics allude to.
The vocals, by the way, are remarkable, and compliment this music genre very nicely.

I hope this has helped. It is my first post on the KVR forum.

Great feedback, very insightful. Thank you for this! :)

andrew.mack wrote:Hello! I just finished listening to this track, "Heading In"
I don't have a lot of insight into the technical aspects of song writing, but musically I found the song well put together.
To me, the driving emotion behind this song was a feeling of resignation. It takes courage and sacrifice to carry another person's burdens, but musically I felt no "heroism" while listening. The arpeggios that ebb and flow throughout the track, while contrasting the darkness, are much more bitter than sweet in bittersweet. After three listens, I found myself in a mellow place, but thankful that I didn't have the relationship problems that the melody and lyrics allude to.
The vocals, by the way, are remarkable, and compliment this music genre very nicely.

I hope this has helped. It is my first post on the KVR forum.
...and welcome! :D

You're tackling some pretty heavy territory lately. I think this is beautiful, both in spirit and in execution.
Image Image

enjoyed this one very much! that kick drum is tight and the highs are crisp your voice sits well in the mix too, the song itself is great too, expressive and intense. good job :tu: :tu: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I really liked the contrast between the heavy percussion, the upfront vocal and the more delicate things going on elsewhere, like the tremelo synth/guitar, the "looped" synth, the harp and the double speed hats. Diggin' the dark atmosphere too.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”